How about a "Humble DraStic Bundle" to open the source code?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Jay Haru
Re: How about a "Humble DraStic Bundle" to open the source c

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:37 am

okay thats enuf. no need to argue about opinions. whether you disagree or not, learn to respect them. whether it came out the way you wanted or not, keep calm and dont let the banhammer fall.

topic closed
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Re: How about a "Humble DraStic Bundle" to open the source c

Post by Exophase » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 pm

akutasame94 wrote:And why exactly would you get mad if it became free after you bought it? I simply do not understand that logic... As economist, I can tell you that many companies do exactly that... When they notice that sales are going down they either take down the prices or even make some products free if you come with a coupon or buy something else... How many times I've bought something and later on it was given away for the price that even a kid in first grade could pay, so basically free...
Not to drag up too much after a locked thread, but I do feel like this should be addressed. If you'd like to respond please feel to PM me.

Personally I don't have problems with things I buy later being sold for less or nothing. But some people will - how many really depends on timing. You can find some cases of companies offering compensation to earlier buyers who spent more than the new price, here's a couple well known examples:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-9773207-37.html
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/16/ ... -gba-games

This happens when the company slashes prices not because of a gradual ramp down but because they decided that their initial price wasn't really the right decision and are making a pretty dramatic change. I think that's what it'd be like now if I slashed the price much lower or even made it free. There are going to be at least some people who will say that it's not fair that others get it for less and demand they get a refund for the difference.