How about a "Humble DraStic Bundle" to open the source code?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Howdareme
Re: How about a "Humble DraStic Bundle" to open the source c

Post by Howdareme » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am

Yes I prefer a closed source, open sources are when the clones come in..

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I paid for this emulator and so others people will do :x !
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Lol so true, Exophase and Lordus deserves the money!

mr_loon

Post by mr_loon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:47 pm

@ TiagoVeloso : That's an interesting and well put suggestion, expected some fanatical whine about how emulators should all be open source / free. Congrats on producing something balanced and thought provoking instead :) A rare treat on the interwebz.

As Exophase says, this would be pretty unfair to all those that have paid if this was done so early in the day.

Give it a year or three and see where things are then.

I'm also not sure if the Humble Bundle folks would want to get into emulators, especially of a relatively current system like the DS.

Amici

Post by Amici » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:42 am

I'd rather it be closed source now. I don't see any benefit for a Humble Bundle style deal for it. Exophase already answered this issue, it's only respectful that TC drop the issue, please.

Too much attention and publicity for this kind of software is bad IMHO. I don't really want to see poorly-made clones of this elegant genius piece of software Exophase has written.

I know TC is emphasizing the "I hope this happens, but of course it' s up to Exo" thing, but I feel it's in bad taste to continue shoving this idea of yours up Exo's and loyal fanbases' throats. Especially since no one here is receptive to your IMHO bad idea.

akutasame94

Post by akutasame94 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:57 am

^You just went full jerk and idiot... First of all no one said that his opinion is not respected except you... Exo gave his opinion on the matter and he showed more respect than you.

Amici

Post by Amici » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Yeah maybe I came off as a douche there, but he came off as someone who was forcing the issue when it wasn't clear that his idea is not too favorable at the moment.

mindbender

Post by mindbender » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 am

Amici wrote:Yeah maybe I came off as a douche there, but he came off as someone who was forcing the issue when it wasn't clear that his idea is not too favorable at the moment.
Where are you getting this idea of his post coming off as "forceful, shoving up loyal fanbase's throats?" If you're feeling personally threatened by a suggestion someone has for the creator of this emulator, you should consider briefly stepping away from your computer and going for a walk to clear your head.

With regards to the topic, as exophase mentioned I would definitely be upset that I paid $8 if he open sourced it anytime in the near future. I would appreciate the source code being released whenever you feel you've completed what you set out to do with this emulator or no longer have time to put into improvements.

akutasame94

Post by akutasame94 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:42 am

mindbender wrote:
Amici wrote:Yeah maybe I came off as a douche there, but he came off as someone who was forcing the issue when it wasn't clear that his idea is not too favorable at the moment.
Where are you getting this idea of his post coming off as "forceful, shoving up loyal fanbase's throats?" If you're feeling personally threatened by a suggestion someone has for the creator of this emulator, you should consider briefly stepping away from your computer and going for a walk to clear your head.

With regards to the topic, as exophase mentioned I would definitely be upset that I paid $8 if he open sourced it anytime in the near future. I would appreciate the source code being released whenever you feel you've completed what you set out to do with this emulator or no longer have time to put into improvements.

And why exactly would you get mad if it became free after you bought it? I simply do not understand that logic... As economist, I can tell you that many companies do exactly that... When they notice that sales are going down they either take down the prices or even make some products free if you come with a coupon or buy something else... How many times I've bought something and later on it was given away for the price that even a kid in first grade could pay, so basically free...

Amici

Post by Amici » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 am

You're overanalyzing and overreacting over my post, because of course, I should have the same opinion as you do regarding this issue. If I feel that that is how he came off as, then I'm entitled to my opinion. Same as you're entitled to your opinion that I'm acting like a jerk. I simply did not like how he's trying to sell the idea as some brilliant breakthrough.

Anyway, I did not join this forum to argue about stuff like this, but to participate and in my little way try to contribute to the community of arguably the best gaming app Android has seen in recent times.