DraStic 2.1.5a released

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Ego_Bizarro
Re: DraStic 2.1.5a released

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:42 am

Big Bang Mini has stopped working (though I skipped 2.1.4 and 2.1.5, so not sure if it was the very latest version that broke it). The game boots but sound works but after the first screen there's only a black screen. However, since that game was unplayable before due to the touch screen not really working, it's not a big problem right now.

akutasame94

Post by akutasame94 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:58 am

I have ZTE Blade 3 that is very weak compared to most phones mentioned here, but most games are perfectly playable and I never get under 70FPS which is annoying but does not change the gameplay... But the sound just drops whenever FPS drops and I hate that in Tales Of Innocence... I love Japanese and listening to it, but it just stutters all the time... Is it possible to make sound work independent of what is going on on display? I mean if fps drops, sound stays normal...

Infinitelyblank

Post by Infinitelyblank » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm

For some reason the recent update is causing constant crashes in advance wars dual strike. It plays fine for a while but after about five minutes it'll always crash while leaving a battle animation. It worked perfectly before so hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

awk

Post by awk » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:12 am

Hey, just wanted to say that I really like that last version! Especially the shortcuts and the integer scaling. I was expecting the shortcuts to be created through intents ( like when you hold click on the desktop and it comes up with add shortcut) but it works for me, although it took me a while to figure out.
Are there any plans to add a Service/notification to be able to prevent android from reclaiming the ram when multitasking? Like the oid emulators do!
I also really appreciated that the menu seems a bit faster to come up, good job optimizing!
I was also wondering what the numbering convention was, because I would have expected this to be a 2.2.1 version, with all these new features!
Anyway, good job!

leonkennedy

Post by leonkennedy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:43 pm

This version always crash for me with many games usally when i touch screen. Any idea what should i do expect clear catche?

Infinitelyblank

Post by Infinitelyblank » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:53 pm

leonkennedy wrote: clear catche?
Why didn't I think of this!? Dual strike is running crash free again! Amazing.

Edit: welp, disregard. As soon as I posted this it crashed again.

Ace256

Bit of a slowdown?

Post by Ace256 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 am

Has anyone noticed a bit of a slowdown with this version?
The start menu of Black 1 & 2 has slowed quite a bit, and some 3d heavy places in some games
and my battery doesn't seem to last as long
is this a problem at my end? Because 2.1.4a worked fullspeed on my S2

hippocrew

Re: Bit of a slowdown?

Post by hippocrew » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 am

Ace256 wrote:Has anyone noticed a bit of a slowdown with this version?
The start menu of Black 1 & 2 has slowed quite a bit, and some 3d heavy places in some games
and my battery doesn't seem to last as long
is this a problem at my end? Because 2.1.4a worked fullspeed on my S2
I have the same issues as stated above with my Samsung Galaxy Player 5, significant difference with battery life and slowdowns/low memory.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 am

Are you guys using threaded 3D? A change was made to the last version to not frameskip 3D rendering when threaded 3D is enabled because it was causing crashes. But the next version changes the strategy so they're skipped again, should be faster.

hippocrew

Post by hippocrew » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:51 am

Exophase wrote:Are you guys using threaded 3D? A change was made to the last version to not frameskip 3D rendering when threaded 3D is enabled because it was causing crashes. But the next version changes the strategy so they're skipped again, should be faster.
On a single core device, so I keep threaded 3D disabled.