Battery Consumption

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Blunderbuss
Battery Consumption

Post by Blunderbuss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:29 pm

This runs incredibly well on my Verizon S4, but it also seems to suck battery rather fast...what are people experience in terms of consumption while playing?

BeastieBoy

Re: Battery Consumption

Post by BeastieBoy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 pm

My phone's battery is huge but yeah, the app seems to suck a lot of battery. Don"t know if something can be done about it though.

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 pm

It depends on how demanding a game is. The more power it takes to run, the more battery it takes. Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney takes barely any battery to run where Pokemon Black or Mario Kart take a fair amount of battery while running.

Blunderbuss

Post by Blunderbuss » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Sean wrote:It depends on how demanding a game is. The more power it takes to run, the more battery it takes. Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney takes barely any battery to run where Pokemon Black or Mario Kart take a fair amount of battery while running.
Ah, so the emulator will intelligently use the required amount of GPU? That's nice, at least! And yes, I was testing with Pokemon Black.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Blunderbuss wrote:Ah, so the emulator will intelligently use the required amount of GPU? That's nice, at least! And yes, I was testing with Pokemon Black.
It'll use the required amount of CPU anyway, mainly.

awk

Post by awk » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:09 pm

I've noticed that as well on the Xperia Play.

It's weird because even Playstation/N64 emulation doesn't even come close. I know the GPU uses a lot of battery on the Xperia Play, so maybe if it's only used to resize the two screen, there could be an option to disable the resizing of screens, with just side by side or full screen available or something like that?

Also, is the emulator processing input from the accelerometer, microphones, camera etc at all times? It could be good to turn those on/off, if it is, in order to save power?