Clock handling suggestion/request

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
BellerophonM
Clock handling suggestion/request

Post by BellerophonM » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:15 am

Hi;

So I know there's a lot of issues with some games (cough cough pokemon) about the way the clock works. I'd like to be able to set the internal date myself, but I know that having the clock statically set causes issues and corruption, and even when you don't Pokemon has issues with save states. Can I make a suggestion for an option?

How about if we're able to configure games to have their own individual date/time tracking, which we can set in the same way that we'd set a DS system time. And then, as we play, time advances from there normally for the game's clock. If you fast-forward at 2x, the clock passes at 2x. If you load a state, the clock sets back to the 'time' the state was saved. Loading a game up inits the clock a second after where it was for that game when we last quit it. Basically, a consistent, linear ongoing internal clock for the game independent of system time.

(This request is mostly because I want to be able to not have my Pokemon Black in Autumn but don't want to break it, I do admit.)