nocash 3DS ongoing research

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
thundered009

nocash 3DS ongoing research

Post by thundered009 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:13 am

In nesdev forum, nocash is making some research about 3ds and he's reverse engineering his own 3ds (Japan) to make an emulator (embedded to no$gba) in 100% asm code and make some documentations about 3ds.

My question is, do you think guys that the ongoing research and the documentations about 3ds that nocash will make is a big help for Exophase's DraStic DS and do you think it's possible in the near future that we may have a DraStic 3DS?

Citra has been ported to Android now but it eats a lot of cpu power so it's not applicable to use on low cpu phone.

I want to post the link to their discussion here from nesdev forum, but I don't know if it's prohibited here, so I won't post it until further notice or you can pm me for that.
Last edited by thundered009 on Sun May 26, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSUPII

Re: nocash 3DS ongoing research

Post by SSUPII » Sun May 26, 2019 5:48 am

Drastic is a DS emulator that does not use any code from other emulators. The development of other emulators will not impact in any way the development of Drastic because it is a closed-source project (very shortly, the code behind the software can be viewed and modified by the devs only).

Also, there is absolutely no plan of supporting 3DS since It's a completely different console. Maybe in the future, but for now it will not happen.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 am

And the last paragraph shows the complete ignorance you have. I mean, how the hell do you expect a low-end device to run 3DS games well? I mean, sure, Drastic runs decent on low-end devices, but expecting 3DS games to run "decent"?
Ha! Don't make me laugh.
OBJECTION!
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)

thundered009

Post by thundered009 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:28 am

dsattorney wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 am
And the last paragraph shows the complete ignorance you have. I mean, how the hell do you expect a low-end device to run 3DS games well? I mean, sure, Drastic runs decent on low-end devices, but expecting 3DS games to run "decent"?
Ha! Don't make me laugh.
Big words for an idiot like you, no$gba (gba/ds/dsi) was programmed using TASM in a win98 pc (and of course he's using it on his old pc), and now his going to support 3ds (maybe soon if the console he's using doesn't get any further damage).

thundered009

Post by thundered009 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:31 am

SSUPII wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:48 am
Drastic is a DS emulator that does not use any code from other emulators. The development of other emulators will not impact in any way the development of Drastic because it is a closed-source project (very shortly, the code behind the software can be viewed and modified by the devs only).

Also, there is absolutely no plan of supporting 3DS since It's a completely different console. Maybe in the future, but for now it will not happen.
Yep, that's the bitter truth about closed-source projects, they can reverse engineer the application of other closed-source apps (open source projects are already given at their own site or github) but it's prohibited by the law.

Nope, I don't mean "source code", the documentation part only like cpu cycles, gpu registers and the likes.

Thank you, I'm also hoping for it in the future.
Last edited by thundered009 on Sun May 26, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 am

thundered009 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:28 am
Big words for an idiot like you
The "idiot" was something unneccesary, specially since it is directed to a moderator.
I'll let it pass this time, but watch your manners for the next one.
OBJECTION!
Other places to find me:

thundered009

Post by thundered009 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:57 am

dsattorney wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 am
thundered009 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:28 am
Big words for an idiot like you
The "idiot" was something unneccesary, specially since it is directed to a moderator.
I'll let it pass this time, but watch your manners for the next one.
So only a moderators here can belittle a member, not the other way around, so childish?

How about saying the phrases like "complete ignorance you have" and "Ha! Don't make me laugh." Is it necessary to tell me that and is it related to the topic I posted?

You can keep it to yourself words like that, you don't need to put it on my face to insult me like you own this forum.

If I get ever ban or my post because of this, do it now you're a heinous moderator underestimating every member here because you think to yourself that you are the "Almighty Creator" of this forum, unhealthy though, so be it.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sun May 26, 2019 1:52 pm

You know what? You are right. I should have never disrespected you, so please excuse me if I did so.
OBJECTION!
Other places to find me:

thundered009

Post by thundered009 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm

dsattorney wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:52 pm
You know what? You are right. I should have never disrespected you, so please excuse me if I did so.
It's okay, sorry also for what I did the other day.

Smurfin

Post by Smurfin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:45 pm

New 3DS spec is :
CPU 804 MHz ARM11 MPCore quad-core
Memory 256 MB (64MB dedicated to the OS), 10 MB VRAM

While Snapdragon 855 :
Snapdragon 855 is a high-performance 64-bit ARM LTE system on a chip designed by Qualcomm and introduced in late 2018. Fabricated on TSMC's 7nm process, the 855 features four Kryo 485 Silver high-efficiency cores operating at 1.8 GHz along with three high-performance Kryo 485 Gold operating at 2.42 GHz and another higher-performance Kryo 485 Gold core operating at 2.84 GHz. The Snapdragon 855 integrates the Adreno 640 GPU operation at ? MHz and features an X24 LTE modem supporting Cat 20 uplink and Cat 20 downlink. This chip supports up to 16 GiB of quad-channel LPDDR4X-4266 memory.

Would that be enough juice to emulate 3DS ? Citra currently can maintain at least above 50% framerates most of the time on Snapdragon 855, but that's with max of 30 fps from the video, is Citra locked to 30 fps or the actual 3DS is also 30 fps max, or what ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvFm81oyF5g