DraStic Website

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Post Reply
User avatar
SomaCruz
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 pm

DraStic Website

Post by SomaCruz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:03 pm

~~Do you think someone has to create some kind of website for DraStic that looks pretty much like Dolphin Emu. I am not saying that it's easy to create it, but since DraStic is the best DS emu for android, it would be great if someone could create a website about it. I just don't really think that forum is the best way to represent DraStic. Forums are kinda for people who need help with emu or have some questions about development. I know that devs are busy with developing DraStic and that's why I kinda wanted to create a website (demo) for DraStic emu. I have collected a group of people who could help with it. Sorry for my English, cuz I just immigrated from Ukraine to the USA. Through the people who are helping do know English way better than me. So would like to have a website that is kinda like Dolphin Emu? Just tell me the name of the domain and I'll pay for a 1-year plan. I am making it at WordPress.~~ I plan to create the website 1-2 years from now is because of my future electives that could help a lot to DraStic website. Those are Computerized Graphic Design and Coding. So that means I will come back to the building of the website in 1 or 2 years. I'm really really sorry about setting that and I hope you could understand the reason I did that.
Last edited by SomaCruz on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
13 year old kid

User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: DraStic Website

Post by dsattorney » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. I'll tell Exo and see what he thinks.
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: DraStic Website

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:11 am

Seconded.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx

User avatar
SomaCruz
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: DraStic Website

Post by SomaCruz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:01 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:11 am
Seconded.
What did u mean by that? :roll:
13 year old kid

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: DraStic Website

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 pm

SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:01 pm
ericbazinga wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:11 am
Seconded.
What did u mean by that? :roll:
It means I agree with you and your suggestion.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx

User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: DraStic Website

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 am

Just as long as it isn't using Wordpress that is. Exo would most likely be asking for trouble using that CMS if you ask me.

User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: DraStic Website

Post by dsattorney » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Just as long as it isn't using Wordpress
I don't see the problem of using that.
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: DraStic Website

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:16 am

dsattorney wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 am
huckleberrypie wrote:Just as long as it isn't using Wordpress
I don't see the problem of using that.
Well first of all, a Stock Wordpress Installation is horribly insecure, the time I was using it years ago there were bots going around using an exploit on wordpress cms sites to inject porn ads. I would expect not much of that has changed seeing as the reccomendation today is still to load it up with a load of plugins to secure it. Besides that, you don't really get much flexibility in writing pages in HTML and its pretty bloated anyway. Something like Drupal CMS is better because its open source, secure and lightweight.

User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: DraStic Website

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:16 am
dsattorney wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 am
huckleberrypie wrote:Just as long as it isn't using Wordpress
I don't see the problem of using that.
Well first of all, a Stock Wordpress Installation is horribly insecure, the time I was using it years ago there were bots going around using an exploit on wordpress cms sites to inject porn ads. I would expect not much of that has changed seeing as the reccomendation today is still to load it up with a load of plugins to secure it. Besides that, you don't really get much flexibility in writing pages in HTML and its pretty bloated anyway. Something like Drupal CMS is better because its open source, secure and lightweight.
Tell me about it. I had the misfortune of cleaning up someone else's Wordpress site just because of its vulnerabilities. I'm not sure as to this framework's track record but perhaps Jekyll and Type on Strap would be more appropriate for our needs?

Post Reply