Should I buy it or not?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
SomaCruz
Should I buy it or not?

Post by SomaCruz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Right now I have a decision either to still stay on Free DS which is free, but has tons of ads, lags etc. Or I could buy DraStic. The main problem is that I hope it actually will work on Nokia 6.1 and it will have no major bugs that would even let me boot the game. If anyone used DraStic on Nokia 6.1 please reply if it works or not.
13 year old kid

kaikun97

Re: Should I buy it or not?

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 am

SomaCruz wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 pm
Right now I have a decision either to still stay on Free DS which is free, but has tons of ads, lags etc. Or I could buy DraStic. The main problem is that I hope it actually will work on Nokia 6.1 and it will have no major bugs that would even let me boot the game. If anyone used DraStic on Nokia 6.1 please reply if it works or not.
The free version is not official and is based upon a very old buggy version of Drastic DS. If you buy the official version from the play store you'll get the latest version and is has many bug fixes and much better compatibility than the version you are currently using.

Google Play has a refund period of 48 hours for purchased apps. If you decide that you don't want it, you can follow these instructions, but the app will stop working after you do a refund. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7205930

The Nokia 6.1 has a Snapdragon 630 Chipset so its definitely fast enough to run it.

SomaCruz

Post by SomaCruz » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks @kaikun97. But i still one more question left. How can transfer my save states or data from Free DS to DraStic
13 year old kid

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:52 am

SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 pm
Thanks @kaikun97. But i still one more question left. How can transfer my save states or data from Free DS to DraStic
I'm not sure how that version store it's files but presumably its in a folder called FreeDS on your internal storage (or it might be called DraStic if they didn't bother changing that) and then a folder inside it called savestates, it should have .dss files in it. Also a good idea to and copy the backup folder too as that has in-game saves.

If you were using BIOS files then you'll also need to use them wirh Drastic so that the savestates remain compatible. As a precaution, make in-game saves on all your games in case the savestates dont work as the in-game saves in the backup folder should still work.