Problem with saving Pkmn Mystery Dungeon EOS

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
KyoKalreyn
Problem with saving Pkmn Mystery Dungeon EOS

Post by KyoKalreyn » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 pm

I have bought the emulator to play my favorite game of pokemon, but the game doesn't save. I know this is because of some anti-piracy protection in the game, but is possible to save using a codebreaker. I have tried to write it in the cheats menu, but it doesn't work. What can I do?
Sorry for bad English.

SSUPII

Re: Problem with saving Pkmn Mystery Dungeon EOS

Post by SSUPII » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 am

In the game's settings look for Custom Cheats, you can add your cheats there using the + at the top.
As far as I know Drastic can use only Action Replay codes, but I may be wrong
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

KiritoAlbino

Post by KiritoAlbino » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 am

SSUPII you know that you can still download emuparaise roms only for the moment only via google chrome PC

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:20 am

KyoKalreyn wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 pm
I have bought the emulator to play my favorite game of pokemon, but the game doesn't save. I know this is because of some anti-piracy protection in the game, but is possible to save using a codebreaker. I have tried to write it in the cheats menu, but it doesn't work. What can I do?
Sorry for bad English.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky does not have anti-piracy protection, are you sure the rom you are using is not a rom hack or is not corrupted? This game saves fine in Drastic as far as I know.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Can you take a screenshot of the Drastic homescreen? Not the game or any setting, just the main menu (What appears just when you open the app)
KiritoAlbino wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 am
SSUPII you know that you can still download emuparaise roms only for the moment only via google chrome PC
Not really interested since I found a good archive, also Chrome on my PC is a snail
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

KyoKalreyn

Post by KyoKalreyn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Can you take a screenshot of the Drastic homescreen? Not the game or any setting, just the main menu (What appears just when you open the app)
KiritoAlbino wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 am
Not really interested since I found a good archive, also Chrome on my PC is a snail
Attachments
Screenshot_20181018-210813.png
Drastic Screenshot
Screenshot_20181018-210813.png (489.95KiB)Viewed 13414 times

KyoKalreyn

Post by KyoKalreyn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:10 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:20 am
KyoKalreyn wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 pm
Sorry for bad English.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky does not have anti-piracy protection, are you sure the rom you are using is not a rom hack or is not corrupted? This game saves fine in Drastic as far as I know.
I have downloaded a lot of versions of EoS and every single one of them fails at save the game.
The code for saving works fine in No$gba/Zoomer/Desmune, but nothing in Drastic.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 am

I'm not able to reproduce the bug on r2.5.0.4, perhaps you should join the beta and see if it works. I tested with the European version.

Try the beta here: https://drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?t=828

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:15 am

And I think the EU version is actually the version to use, because some US versions have a bug related to evolution, whereas if you try to evolve a Pokémon with a name of 10 characters or more in length, it freezes the game. This can be solved with an AR code tho. More information at this link: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/955859 ... faqs/59252
I use it because... well, for that and because it can be played on my native language :lol:
OBJECTION!

KyoKalreyn

Post by KyoKalreyn » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 pm

dsattorney wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:15 am
And I think the EU version is actually the version to use, because some US versions have a bug related to evolution, whereas if you try to evolve a Pokémon with a name of 10 characters in length, it freezes the game. This can be solved with an AR code tho. More information at this link: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/955859 ... faqs/59252
I use it because... well, for that and because it can be played on my native language :lol:
Thanks! The problem with the saving was in the US version. It appears I downloaded a lot of US versions that said in the title EU, but I managed to get a real EU and worked perfectly.
The thing is I don't know what to do know with the post (there is an option to close it, it has to do with an admin to close it), whatever. Thanks for the help, this emulator is worth the little amount of money, works perfectly.