Look what I found that you believe that you have to implement in the emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.

SSUPII

Re: Look what I found that you believe that you have to implement in the emulator

Post by SSUPII » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm

This seems nice, but it can't be directly implemented.
Drastic is a paid, closed-sorce software that can't just pick a open-source project and implement it due to licensing issues. This means that the feature has to be rebuilded to be used only in Drastic.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

ericbazinga

Re: Look what I found that you believe that you have to implement in the emulator

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Or we could go the easier route and make DraStic open source. Release a free version on Google Play and turn the paid version into a donation version a la PPSSPP.

But considering that Exophase is MIA, Lordus has been gone for at least 1-2 years now, and there hasn't been any development on DraStic itself for at least a year (even counting beta builds), that won't happen. Not now, maybe not ever. He probably moved on to something else and/or is just done with DraStic. If he could hand the keys to development over to someone else and let them call the shots while Exo gets a portion of the profit or something, that'd be great. But I doubt that's gonna happen.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Or we could go the easier route and make DraStic open source. Release a free version on Google Play and turn the paid version into a donation version a la PPSSPP.

But considering that Exophase is MIA, Lordus has been gone for at least 1-2 years now, and there hasn't been any development on DraStic itself for at least a year (even counting beta builds), that won't happen. Not now, maybe not ever. He probably moved on to something else and/or is just done with DraStic. If he could hand the keys to development over to someone else and let them call the shots while Exo gets a portion of the profit or something, that'd be great. But I doubt that's gonna happen.
Lordus aint gone... he is just on hiatus. Exo also said that he still working on drastic with stuff that google is forcing to implement on drastic so you may expect an update soon if only just a minor one.as for open sores, just dab ointment on it.
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Well, glad to know the emulator isn't dead.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.