drastic version not fair

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
Re: drastic version not fair

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:38 am

(Sigh) Someone just get him his f***ing refund already, please...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Platybus

Post by Platybus » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:44 am

Hi, I feel like I have to somehow meddle in this.

Why is Dakara being treated like he doesn't make any sense, when he is actually proposing a good argument? He stated nothing the truth about DraStic: it's a paid Play Store app with +2 years of no updates for the stable version :!: , and, in order to receive any new update, you have to opt-in for the beta program. I consider this task an unncessary hassle :( , and so does he. TBH, I don't think your replies even attempt to address the point Dakara was raising.

And don't get me started on dsattorney's tendency to throw off diplomacy ASAP, even if he doesn't do it intentionally. It may sound harsh, but there's not a glimpse of politeness in any of his replies, and Dakara can't be applauded enough for not getting triggered at these.

If issues aren't solved in more than 2 years, then customers shouldn't be expected to enjoy the app :P .
Last edited by Platybus on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 am

Platybus wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:44 am
Hi, I feel like I have to somehow meddle in this.

Why is Dakara being treated like he doesn't make any sense, when he is actually proposing a good argument? He stated nothing the truth about DraStic: it's a paid Play Store app with +2 years of no updates for the stable version :!: , and, in order to receive any new update, you have to opt-in for the beta program. I consider this task an unncessary hassle :( , and so does he. TBH, I don't think your replies even attempt to address the point Dakara was raising.

And don't get me started on dsattorney's tendency to throw off diplomacy ASAP, even if he doesn't do it intentionally. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but there's not a glimpse of politeness in any of his replies, and I Dakara can't be applauded enough for not getting triggered at these.

If issues aren't solved in after 2 years, then customers shouldn't be expected to enjoy the app :P .
It is not that he does not make sense. as I said, his issue is valid. What is being said is that as far as how things are done here, it is the beta that is being updated much more than the release and if he wanted updates, get the beta.

What was irksome was that he made a case that since the 'stable' is not being updated for (yes, a far too long time) 2 years, it is abandoned. xperia64 (one of the devs) even told him it will be included on the next update and yet he said it was not being updated. Now, that is probably because he did not know what had happened and i admit, no one told him the actual reason (lordus having a hiatus and exophase did not have access to the android end of things among others) didn't help. Though, personally I think it would not have mattered to him anyways as for him beta is bad and stable is good. no grey whatsoever. typical customer attitude i should say (coming from a customer service agent).

since this community is small (tiny, even) most the regulars here are should I dare say, intimately attached not to the app but the developers since unlike other dev teams, they actually responded not only on drastic issues but with random stuff as well which makes them more approachable, friendly and to us who stuck around, human. at least when the devs do have the time.

So when someone who we think is being unreasonable regarding the app and by extension the dev, for good or for bad, we get a bit fanatic in defending it(them).

Also, on your last sentence, i will point out that issues are being addressed. this is not a matter of 'updates' not being provided but on what branch that update is being done. Yes, that is not the usual way but there are reasons for it. Either you accept the option or not, it does not matter, it is your choice. We have no issues if you want to get a refund but if you will just come here out of nowhere and make claims that you take as fact and subject it to a standard that was never promised, we will take offense.

It's sounding like an excuse and maybe to you it is but well, to each his own.

in any case tl;dr

lets just say we agree to disagree.

P.S.

i won't make excuses to anyone but forum posts are just so emotionless (unless of course, you know how to flame-post) so take anything with a bit of salt, pepper or your condiment of choice. :D
Behold my mighty

Platybus

Post by Platybus » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Thank you very much for your explanation, Jay. I guess there's not much to be done if somebody doesn't like the app. As long as the thread is kept civil, it should keep going. :P