Open Source Drastic
95%
Let DraStic fade away
5%

Total votes: 63

ericbazinga
Re: Drastic's Future

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Platybus wrote:It's funny to see the 30/1 ratio in the poll.
I'm surprised someone voted to let DraStic fade away.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am

Agree.
OBJECTION!

#Shake

Post by #Shake » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:00 pm

SSUPII wrote:
#Shake wrote:Exo did you ever considered working in a 3ds emu for Android? We got Citra for pc, but seems that aren't any plans of an android version..
Exo is not interested in doing a 3DS emulator at the moment. Citra developers decided to focus on making the emulator better on PC first (since it still needs some work), also a direct port of Citra on Android is not possible due to some dependencies available only on PC.
allright...

But i have citra running on switch through Lakka, i tested it myself....but runs slow, needs a jit....how it can run on switch but not android?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:25 pm

#Shake wrote:
SSUPII wrote:
#Shake wrote:Exo did you ever considered working in a 3ds emu for Android? We got Citra for pc, but seems that aren't any plans of an android version..
Exo is not interested in doing a 3DS emulator at the moment. Citra developers decided to focus on making the emulator better on PC first (since it still needs some work), also a direct port of Citra on Android is not possible due to some dependencies available only on PC.
allright...

But i have citra running on switch through Lakka, i tested it myself....but runs slow, needs a jit....how it can run on switch but not android?
Because Lakka essentially is running a Linux distro with Retroarch installed, not much different from running it on a PC. The situation is entirely different on Android. This has been asked to death countless times on the Citra forums and it's github page. I must reiterate:

https://citra-emu.org/wiki/faq/
Are you planning to make an Android version?
No, not at the moment.
Android phones are not powerful enough yet, the Switch is using a very high end nVidia Chipset but as you have stated, it runs slowly even on that.

#Shake

Post by #Shake » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:58 pm

RetroArch was officially launched for Switch, hopefully one day Drastic will be a part of it...
#Shake wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:00 pm
SSUPII wrote:
allright...

oh okay....

PatchAdams

Post by PatchAdams » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 am

#Shake wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:58 pm
RetroArch was officially launched for Switch, hopefully one day Drastic will be a part of it...
#Shake wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:00 pm
SSUPII wrote:
allright...

oh okay....
Yip, Retroarch 1.7.5 was launched.. Switch now has access to 42+ Retro Systems, everything from Atari 2600 - PS1 (N64 too but not officially released since it requires a Dynarec to get 100% but it does work) :)

#Shake

Post by #Shake » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0kJF5kgu4

citra is unnoficially running on android

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 pm

#Shake wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:27 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0kJF5kgu4

citra is unnoficially running on android
That's actually really impressive! Props to them!

But from a DraStic standpoint (since you're most likely showing us this so you can say "They have it and it can be done, how about you guys make one?"), Exophase has stated that he currently has no interest in making a 3DS emulator. Perhaps in the future he might, but i'm not a psychic so I wouldn't know.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

#Shake

Post by #Shake » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Somebody said Drastic is on the newest Lakka update for switch? i didnt bother to try it, is it true Exo?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-tv-tu ... st-8319689

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:33 pm

It does not, but since they are shipping a 32-bit ARM variant now, all it would probably take to get running is compiling SDL2 (only 1.2 seems to be in the image right now).