Total votes: 63

huckleberrypie
Re: Drastic's Future

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:32 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 am
kanotan991 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:16 pm
If this ain't getting open sourced then I guess it won't get any updates and nobody benefits... Yay
I would pay twice to see this emulator getting updated instead of watching it have a beta update from 2017 and a stable update from 1990
True, where are Exophase and Lordus, tho? I don't want to see replies from dsattorney or ericbazinga, they're not developers :ds:
i would point out that you are being a jerk but i guess you already know that. please respect those that try to help others for free while the devs are busy with real life. They had earned that at least. Just because you paid for the app (assuming you did) does not give you any right acting like anyone owes you anything.
That pretty much became the nail in the coffin for UltraHLE back in 1999. On top of potential legal threats from Nintendo back then, users pestered the living daylights out of the developers until the latter have had enough and retired the emulator hours after initial release.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 am

And that's why insisting is NEVER a good idea. Instead of producing the intended effect, it does the opposite.
OBJECTION!

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:08 pm

PPSSPP is open source, there are like 20 different forks of PPSSPP on the play store, but tell ya what, not even one of them is as fast as the original. What I mean is if Drastic goes open source of course there are going to be lots of copies filled with ads, so what? Let them come. There ain't gonna be nothing like the original. The truth is there are already illegal mods and cracks of Drastic. Drastic is by far the fastest DS emulator out there and it would be a shame for it to go away. The only me feature Drastic is missing is wlan multiplayer, and of course it would be a hell of a lot easier to get it done if more devs were involved. Great things happen when people get together, just ask the little penguin.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:39 am

Edgar wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:08 pm
PPSSPP is open source, there are like 20 different forks of PPSSPP on the play store, but tell ya what, not even one of them is as fast as the original. What I mean is if Drastic goes open source of course there are going to be lots of copies filled with ads, so what? Let them come. There ain't gonna be nothing like the original. The truth is there are already illegal mods and cracks of Drastic. Drastic is by far the fastest DS emulator out there and it would be a shame for it to go away. The only me feature Drastic is missing is wlan multiplayer, and of course it would be a hell of a lot easier to get it done if more devs were involved. Great things happen when people get together, just ask the little penguin.
Of course there would be impressionable users who think that this random emulator they got off the Play Store would cut it for them, when it's merely a scummy adware fork of an open-source project. That's the problem with the anarchic nature of Google's app store (or any other app store for that matter), in that you need to have a BS filter and of course common sense to weed out the rotten ones.