Bluetooth multiplayer

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Post Reply
Lukaius
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by Lukaius » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello can anyone tell me if multiplayer is possible and will be added in the future?

User avatar
SSUPII
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am
Location: Bari, Italy
Contact:

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by SSUPII » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:49 pm

There is no projects for the future to add multiplayer support on Drastic. There are many reasons for this.

How the Nintendo DS connects to other consoles or on the internet is very poorly documented, so its really hard to program multiplayer support from scratch.

There are some open-source DS emulators that already have multiplayer support.
"So why not use their code?"
Drastic is a paid, closed-sorce emulator. This does not allow the developers to use code from other open-sorce projects.
I watch anime
Spoiler!
Some Pokemon gifs here, nothing important to see
ImageImage

xudo
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:05 am

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by xudo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:09 am

Then why don't they make it "Free" and ask to purchase the full version in the app itself??

Jay Haru
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:26 pm

xudo wrote:Then why don't they make it "Free" and ask to purchase the full version in the app itself??
because that defeats the purpose of it being free. Also, that is what you call a scam which the app isn't.

It is a licensing issue not just the app being free or paid.
Behold my mighty
Image

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

SSUPII wrote:There are some open-source DS emulators that already have multiplayer support.
"So why not use their code?"
Drastic is a paid, closed-sorce emulator. This does not allow the developers to use code from other open-sorce projects.
For once, I wish DraStic was open-source...

Seriously, that sucks! I'm not trying to get on Exo for making the executive decision to have DraStic be closed-source or anything, but if the emulator was open-source, then adding multiplayer support would be simple. It would at least stop the annoying influx of pointless multiplayer threads like this one...
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#5561
Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx

Jay Haru
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:40 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
SSUPII wrote:There are some open-source DS emulators that already have multiplayer support.
"So why not use their code?"
Drastic is a paid, closed-sorce emulator. This does not allow the developers to use code from other open-sorce projects.
For once, I wish DraStic was open-source...

Seriously, that sucks! I'm not trying to get on Exo for making the executive decision to have DraStic be closed-source or anything, but if the emulator was open-source, then adding multiplayer support would be simple. It would at least stop the annoying influx of pointless multiplayer threads like this one...
but then, what would exos incentive to develop the android port then? it is free for those that own pandora and that other thing (god knows they're going extinct) but still closed source.

additionally, while I understand the need for multi, I seriously couldn't care less as it would open a crapton of worms (read: pokemon connection issues nad request) which I am never a fan of.

This is just my opinion as any game that does not require completion (unlike suikoden games that do need to if you want the true ending) to see the ending defeats the purpose to gotta catch them all.
Behold my mighty
Image

kainnan
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by kainnan » Sun May 06, 2018 12:22 pm

so if it is not going to have multiplayer, why is there this option in the settings? https://prntscr.com/jeg78r
???????? '-'
Attachments
drastic.png
drastic.png (55.34 KiB) Viewed 9681 times
drastic.png
drastic.png (55.34 KiB) Viewed 9681 times

Jay Haru
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Bluetooth multiplayer

Post by Jay Haru » Sun May 06, 2018 11:46 pm

kainnan wrote:so if it is not going to have multiplayer, why is there this option in the settings? https://prntscr.com/jeg78r
???????? '-'
refer to the faq and one of exos older post
Behold my mighty
Image

Post Reply