Hotel Dusk Room 215 Problem

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
momo3838
Hotel Dusk Room 215 Problem

Post by momo3838 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:16 am

Hello

İ was just playing Hotel Dusk and then , on chapter 3 where you have to switch on two switches to light up a room , the problem is i have to switch on the two switches at the same time but its not possible because i can just touch 1 spot at one time is it possible that the drastic team could solve this problem so that i can touch 2 places at the same time ? hope there will be a solution soon :) by the way this emulator İS SOO FREAKİNG AWESOME THANKS FOR THAT :D

Exophase

Re: Hotel Dusk Room 215 Problem

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:23 am

Try touching the spot in between the two locations where you'd press.

awk

Post by awk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 am

Is the DS multitouch? They only give you one pen!

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 am

The DS is not multitouch! :lol:

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:30 am

The DS isn't multi-touch but there's a very roughly predictable way it reacts to it (by appearing to be a press between the two points) that this game can exploit it. Hence why you can also trick it.

momo3838

Post by momo3838 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:20 am

Haaa yeahh thanks :D solved the Problem :D :D Thank you Exophase :)

Merlose

Post by Merlose » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 am

Unfortunately I am still having this issue and I cannot figure out how to trick the game into bypassing or solving this two switch puzzle.

I've never done this before but would it be possible for someone to give me a save at that point or allow me (with instruction as to how) to post my save so someone can go past that point and give it to me then.

Or I guess a save at the start of Ch. 4 if it's easier. I don't want to be ungrateful or appear that way. This is a fun game and works great with this emulator excepting this one puzzle (which vexed when I played on my actual DS rather than Galaxy Note 2). Hope the sequel doesn't have a puzzle like this.

Please help soon. Thank you.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 am

Merlose wrote:Unfortunately I am still having this issue and I cannot figure out how to trick the game into bypassing or solving this two switch puzzle.

I've never done this before but would it be possible for someone to give me a save at that point or allow me (with instruction as to how) to post my save so someone can go past that point and give it to me then.

Or I guess a save at the start of Ch. 4 if it's easier. I don't want to be ungrateful or appear that way. This is a fun game and works great with this emulator excepting this one puzzle (which vexed when I played on my actual DS rather than Galaxy Note 2). Hope the sequel doesn't have a puzzle like this.

Please help soon. Thank you.
didnt you even read the above mentioned comments? just clickin between the two switches. if your screen is too big then use how many fingers in between to simulate a single touch that can activate both.
Behold my mighty

Merlose

Post by Merlose » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 am

I wouldn't have asked if the solution above had been working for me. I'd tried for an hour or so before writing that post. In frustration, I stumbled into the method presented above and I am retracting my request in light of that. To be fair, in reading what I wrote before it wasn't clear that I'd tried what was suggested already.

I swiped the space to the right next to the "right switch" and it triggered both. The wording of doing it inbetween the switches was (for me) inadvertently misleading. I'm guessing if one does it to the left of the left switch or right of the right that that is how it can be solved.

Incidentally, do you know if there is a puzzle like this in the sequel? That would be annoying. Anyway, it's been smooth sailing since now so happy days :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 am

Merlose wrote:I wouldn't have asked if the solution above had been working for me. I'd tried for an hour or so before writing that post. In frustration, I stumbled into the method presented above and I am retracting my request in light of that. To be fair, in reading what I wrote before it wasn't clear that I'd tried what was suggested already.

I swiped the space to the right next to the "right switch" and it triggered both. The wording of doing it inbetween the switches was (for me) inadvertently misleading. I'm guessing if one does it to the left of the left switch or right of the right that that is how it can be solved.

Incidentally, do you know if there is a puzzle like this in the sequel? That would be annoying. Anyway, it's been smooth sailing since now so happy days :)
well, you'll gonna have to find out for yourself for the games. we really do not do thorough testing for each games (imagine the logistics and time envolved) but only check on it once a problem is reported. and even then it might be something that might require the user to wait for a fix.
Behold my mighty