[Suggestion]About in-game save format

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Soro
[Suggestion]About in-game save format

Post by Soro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 am

As you know,there are lots of errors in game_database.xml,but it is too difficult to modify it for a novice.
Could you add a option for us to change the in-game save format directly?(EEPROM/FLASH & save size)

Exophase

Re: [Suggestion]About in-game save format

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:32 am

Better that issues are reported to us and we change it.

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

Exophase wrote:Better that issues are reported to us and we change it.
He is the man I told you yesterday.

Soro

Post by Soro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 am

Exophase wrote:Better that issues are reported to us and we change it.
Actually,many people like to exchange savedata between different platforms(eg.nds,no$gba),but the save size&format is usually different.Maybe it's a good idea to add a option for them.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:35 am

Soro wrote:Actually,many people like to exchange savedata between different platforms(eg.nds,no$gba),but the save size&format is usually different.Maybe it's a good idea to add a option for them.
Changing the game database still shouldn't be the solution. It's not supposed to matter if the size of the save file is different from what's in the database, it should still use it (but maybe it needs to pad it out differently). Have you found that changing the database gets an imported save to work? And do you know if the game worked okay with DraStic's saves before changing the database?

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:53 am

Exophase wrote:
Soro wrote:Actually,many people like to exchange savedata between different platforms(eg.nds,no$gba),but the save size&format is usually different.Maybe it's a good idea to add a option for them.
Changing the game database still shouldn't be the solution. It's not supposed to matter if the size of the save file is different from what's in the database, it should still use it (but maybe it needs to pad it out differently). Have you found that changing the database gets an imported save to work? And do you know if the game worked okay with DraStic's saves before changing the database?
Most games works fine.Only some have the problem.

Some patched games can't use in-game save at all unless doing some change on database.(just like the korean a few days ago)

But one person tell me that Inazuma Eleven3 needs changed database if you want to import the save to pc.(and it has a freeze when “connect system” in that game)

also, let me know if you want to take a look at the changed database.(-.-)

hatster

Post by hatster » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:42 am

I wish we had the option to save in different in formats. I'd love to be able to transfer the save file between my Galaxy s3 and my NDS flash card.

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:50 am

hatster wrote:I wish we had the option to save in different in formats. I'd love to be able to transfer the save file between my Galaxy s3 and my NDS flash card.
But we should solve the problem that we CAN'T save at all first,my friend. :(

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:59 pm

hatster wrote:I wish we had the option to save in different in formats. I'd love to be able to transfer the save file between my Galaxy s3 and my NDS flash card.
There are some utilities that may help for this, for example http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showth ... -7-24-2011