PayPal?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
beeflot
Re: PayPal?

Post by beeflot » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Lordus wrote:
Borengar wrote:Another alternative would be AndroidPIT.
Creditcard users are still a minority in middle Europe. I don't want to get one just to buy one or two apps in the play store.
Yet another method would be a prepaid credit card, like myWirecard, but that's even more ridiculous.
It really sounds idiotic, but there is no way an average German like me can spend money in the Play Store.
In Germany you can also get Google Play Gift Cards in supermarkets and gas stations.
that's really convenient<.<

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Lordus wrote: In Germany you can also get Google Play Gift Cards in supermarkets and gas stations.
Wow, that must be new, though! In that case I'm gonna look out for those because I'm still on pirated and I really don't feel good pirating stuff that's actually good and supportworthy -_-

Man, if paypal wasn't pretty much essential in a lot of places (especially when not having a credit card), everyone should boycott them for their selfrighteous interfering (also with Wikileaks, etc.)...

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:54 pm

google play gift cards are in Australia too. to see if you have them click the menu button in google play and look for a redeem button

Borengar

Post by Borengar » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Just as feedback, I got myself a myWirecard Mastercard, since I can also support Eve Radio with it, a radio station I frequently listen to.
I was just sooo impressed with the demo that I had to get this app :D
I can't however recommend using a debitcard on Google Play.
It took roughly one week to activate the card by sending money from a bank account.
After that a verification of this bank account is needed for the Mastercard to be of any use.
Google Play requires you to enter the exact billing address that is used for the wirecard, else it won't work.
Then Google will reserve 1€ on the card to test it. This thank god only takes ~3 hours.
After this whole procedure I could finally buy this app. Only took about 10 days.
For the germans reading this, I would recommend buying a gift card. It's probably easier and faster.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks for the advice Borengar.

Things would probably be better if Google let people outside the US add bank accounts to their Wallet account. I wonder if they're moving in that direction...