Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Avan
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Avan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Exophase wrote: One other thing, a lot of games use AA in conjunction with edge marking, which means that edge marking without AA doesn't really look right. I've been experimenting with a few games and I still think that non-AA marked edges is better than no marked edges at all, but I have to see what makes the most sense. And I'd like to make sure that these things are all figured out before I attempt high-res rendering.

I'm sure something like FXAA could be done in a shader with little cost, but I'm not sure how good it'd look with DS graphics.
Hello, just signed up.

Perhaps heard this many times by now, but congratulations to you and your team for the excellent work on DS emulation with Drastic.

I was wondering if this edge marking that you mention in the black outline effect around characters that shows in game like Dragon Quest series? (At least on IX and Monsters Joker 2).

It is a function that you plan to implement on Drastic?

Again, congratulations! And thanks for the Android version. I read a while back how it started on Pandora, look how far you guys have gone!

Pardon my English.

Blessings.

XShadowX01
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by XShadowX01 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 pm

For the mod New Super Mario Bros. 3 to work, its such a great mod that doesn't work on DraStic, the memory issue apperes on currupted data or something... or is there a way of making it work on DraStic?

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Exophase » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Avan wrote:Hello, just signed up.

Perhaps heard this many times by now, but congratulations to you and your team for the excellent work on DS emulation with Drastic.

I was wondering if this edge marking that you mention in the black outline effect around characters that shows in game like Dragon Quest series? (At least on IX and Monsters Joker 2).

It is a function that you plan to implement on Drastic?

Again, congratulations! And thanks for the Android version. I read a while back how it started on Pandora, look how far you guys have gone!

Pardon my English.

Blessings.
Sorry for not responding in so long, somehow I didn't notice this post until now.

The outlining (edge marking) feature of the DS GPU is implemented in the current beta, and will be in the next version (very very soon, so long as no one else comes up with any last second bugs for me to deal with, we'll see)

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Exophase » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:20 pm

XShadowX01 wrote:For the mod New Super Mario Bros. 3 to work, its such a great mod that doesn't work on DraStic, the memory issue apperes on currupted data or something... or is there a way of making it work on DraStic?
The problem is they keep changing the game IDs with different versions of this mod, so they all need different entries in the database file..

Can you see if it works in the current beta?

User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Just noticed the changelog on the new beta, and boy it was far cry from the previous build judging from the changes made. There are some minor kinks though. As I mentioned on the glitch repo the missing Kit bug in Kit Mystery Challenge is still there, and so is the half-working house colouring glitch in Build a Bear. Not that I'm being pushy though.

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Exophase » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:58 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:Just noticed the changelog on the new beta, and boy it was far cry from the previous build judging from the changes made. There are some minor kinks though. As I mentioned on the glitch repo the missing Kit bug in Kit Mystery Challenge is still there, and so is the half-working house colouring glitch in Build a Bear. Not that I'm being pushy though.
Yeah, I haven't gotten a chance to look at these yet. I'll look at them after the release.

The changelog is actually for everything from the last official release, because it covers the Pandora release (2.3.0.0p) which I was going to mirror with the Android release but then I got another bug report to deal with.

User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Exophase wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:Just noticed the changelog on the new beta, and boy it was far cry from the previous build judging from the changes made. There are some minor kinks though. As I mentioned on the glitch repo the missing Kit bug in Kit Mystery Challenge is still there, and so is the half-working house colouring glitch in Build a Bear. Not that I'm being pushy though.
Yeah, I haven't gotten a chance to look at these yet. I'll look at them after the release.

The changelog is actually for everything from the last official release, because it covers the Pandora release (2.3.0.0p) which I was going to mirror with the Android release but then I got another bug report to deal with.
Ahh, it's alright, tyt on that.

DraSticNerd
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:22 am

Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by DraSticNerd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:28 am

If you dont ask, you dont get!

So here's my wish-list for DraStic!
  • Ability to save screenshots
  • Ability to send emulated microphone input (randomly generated white noise) (This feature would be useful when you couldnt use the mic while playing)
  • (Pandora only) Option to rotate the screens 90 degrees (and save per game config)
  • (Pandora only) Screen gap options when rotating the screens

Post Reply