Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
chocolatecake
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by chocolatecake » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Lordus wrote: It will be possible in the next version.
Thank you very much, I can't WAIT for the next version :)

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 am

Lordus wrote:It will be possible in the next version.
Is it in the newest Beta (got an update-push yesterday, or this morning)?

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 am

Yes it's there (although i don't understand why anyone would want that ;p).
In the portrait layout editor, the 100% vertical resize button will now resize a screen to fill the empty space left by the other screen.

NAND emulation and an option for always showing the main engine on the top screen have also been added.

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:06 am

Lordus wrote:NAND emulation and an option for always showing the main engine on the top screen have also been added.

Wow, thank you!!! :-D

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Lordus wrote: NAND emulation and an option for always showing the main engine on the top screen have also been added.
Thank you so much for NAND! More importantly, thank you for keeping them purely raw with no extra metadata. Because of this, D.I.Y. saves are fully compatible with the existing save editing software. Jam With the Band also works but the save file should be truncated to 8MB, not 32MB. Lastly, some audio channels are missing from D.I.Y. on the start screen but only when the intro clip is immediately skipped. If the intro clip is watched for ~30 seconds the audio tracks align properly.

Edit: also, the stamp on the start screen is a tiny bit buggy, try moving it around before releasing on the touchscreen. I don't think savestates are needed as all of these issues occur literally within the first minute of playing the game.

Edit again: The DSP-ish effects used when playing records are broken (they include reverb, radio static, and a weird high pitched thing)

Chex

Post by Chex » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Lordus wrote:Yes it's there (although i don't understand why anyone would want that ;p).
In the portrait layout editor, the 100% vertical resize button will now resize a screen to fill the empty space left by the other screen.

NAND emulation and an option for always showing the main engine on the top screen have also been added.
Nice! :)

I thought of one more feature, but it may be tricky, or even impossible since I don't know how Android handles HDMI mirror mode, but would it be possible to have an option where the TV screen only displays the top screen and the device displays only the bottom screen when connected via-HDMI, sort of like the Wii U's Gamepad?

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Chex wrote:I thought of one more feature, but it may be tricky, or even impossible since I don't know how Android handles HDMI mirror mode, but would it be possible to have an option where the TV screen only displays the top screen and the device displays only the bottom screen when connected via-HDMI, sort of like the Wii U's Gamepad?
That was added to the beta about 2 months ago. You need at least Android version 4.2.2 to use it, though.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:59 am

Chex wrote:Nice! :)

I thought of one more feature, but it may be tricky, or even impossible since I don't know how Android handles HDMI mirror mode, but would it be possible to have an option where the TV screen only displays the top screen and the device displays only the bottom screen when connected via-HDMI, sort of like the Wii U's Gamepad?
http://i.imgur.com/eh5bmP2h.jpg

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 am

xperia64 wrote:Edit: also, the stamp on the start screen is a tiny bit buggy, try moving it around before releasing on the touchscreen. I don't think savestates are needed as all of these issues occur literally within the first minute of playing the game.
Yeah I noticed the stamp, will have to look more at it.
xperia64 wrote:Edit again: The DSP-ish effects used when playing records are broken (they include reverb, radio static, and a weird high pitched thing)
This is almost certainly due to missing audio capture emulation. I was working on it before but it's deceptively more complex than it looks (especially if you want something fast), and not a lot of games use it for something obvious. I'll try to get back to it later though.

Chex

Post by Chex » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm

But how? :o