Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
adammo
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by adammo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:45 pm

What about adding 1080p resolution UI? Current version looks rather ugly on my HTC one :/

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 pm

awk wrote:
Lordus wrote: It's not hard to add, but i left it out on purpose.
If it's added there also needs to be an option to turn it off, and every added option and feature makes it more complex and harder to use for the average user.
Many DS games use the screens in different ways, sometimes you need to hold the DS like a book, so you don't want it to auto-rotate when you hold it in landscape mode.
I suspect people using emulators are usually fine with meddling in settings! Especially one like this one which is a setting you find in the OS itself, people would know what it means. It could also be a game specific settings, like layouts are. (Any intention of making frameskip game specific as well?)

I agree it would be a good addition for some games that only require the double screens from time to time! I probably wouldn't use it on the Xperia Play because it's forced into an orientation by the buttons, but I can see its advantage, Sword and Sorcery style. I would probably still prefer a on-the-fly screen resize possibility (like I suggested in that concept)

Maybe a solution would be to have an "advanced" category in settings, for all the extra options?
Ashperson wrote:
Sean wrote:+1 I want this too, and it shouldn't be too hard to implement.
make that +2(wouldn't this all be easier if it were a G+ community or a Google Group?)
Or a reddit post? :p
Do you mean a subreddit?

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:16 pm

adammo wrote:What about adding 1080p resolution UI? Current version looks rather ugly on my HTC one :/
Not to mention it has the old android style dialogs.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:48 pm

I think the current UI is fine, apart from Portrait menu opening in landscape and reset and cheats buttons being merged on my 4" screen.

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 am

AsHperson > subreddit would work, is there one already?

From what I understand, Drastic is probably coded in C++, I doubt it's made using the Android SDK, which has all that holo functionality, screen resizing, screen orientation etc embeded inside.

I wonder how emulators like the oid ones square the circle of having a Java UI with android standard menus and everything while having a core that's probably not Java.

I'm guessing the choice stems from developping the emulator for multiplatform too, but I agree a transposition into an Android specific UI would probably be a huge step forward for the responsiveness/reliability/look of them (also dealing with overlapping buttons, etc). It would probably be a performance improvement too, with all the optimization Google has embeded into its APIs. I understand it's far from being a priority though.

yavihah7

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:16 am

+1 on adding cheats, there are a lot of cheats that don't work and lack of cheats too.

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:14 am

is there anyway to render the graphic in a much higher resolution :x I know it'll be pretty intense for the cpu to handle it but... well, it's not like we don't see the pixel at all...

Also, if this is possible, can we control the resolution we want on a specific screen? Like 2 or 3 times the resolution of the upper screen and keep to normal resolution on the lower one? (to be less cpu demanding or something like that)
(and since I don't know how drastic render the graphic... well, I'm asking for this)
--Current Mobile device--
Htc one ( *-* ) , Xperia play, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crappy phone)

incognito27

Post by incognito27 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 am

1.5X fast forward (Speed Cap) is pretty much the only feature I am waiting for at the moment..
Playing pokemon heartgold at normal speed is boring and the current fastforward option accelerates the game to 400+% :o Too fast IMO.

Nuzhat

Post by Nuzhat » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 am

Playing on the new Nexus 7 at 1920 x 1200. Awesome Application - worth every penny.

One big request please. On the Nexus 7 the controller buttons are well, huge. The X, Y, A, B buttons are far enough apart from each other that, for example, it's hard to press X while holding A in Mario Kart. Would it be possible to put an option in to scale the controller buttons please? The direction pad too please.

Minor requests:
  • I've seen others request this already, but an analog stick would be a great addition.
    The pixelation is extremely pronounced unless you run the screens really small. It's livable with but rendering options like those found in the Super N64 emulator would be awesome.
Thanks for your hard work and consideration.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:25 am

incognito27 wrote:1.5X fast forward (Speed Cap) is pretty much the only feature I am waiting for at the moment..
Playing pokemon heartgold at normal speed is boring and the current fastforward option accelerates the game to 400+% :o Too fast IMO.
+1