Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Jay Haru
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:42 am

satoshiryu wrote:I wish to see upscale resolution so much. Especially in 3d game, at current state, too many pixel are falling apart.
i dunno... from what i am seeing its actually shitty even at hi res (tested on desmume). only 2d games look if ever so slightly, better on hi res.
Behold my mighty

Chex

Post by Chex » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Multiplayer/netplay is definitely a big one if possible, even if it's "fake" netplay (not using the DS's built-in wi-fi).

One possible workaround for Animal Crossing: Wild World's offline multiplayer is if players could share in-game save files, sort of like the Google Drive feature, then they could share a house in the game.

Arpadiam

Post by Arpadiam » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Sorry if was suggested alread, dind't saw a log of "iprovement suggestion"

Drastic actualy "shade" the status bar, but as i'be seens in anothers apps they just colapse status bar giving 100% of the screen, let me show you with 2 pic

this is the layout i have to use to see both screen at 100% of their size
http://puu.sh/5fhPr.png
as you can see the status bar is still there ( It shaded the icons later )

and this is the layout i want to use but as you can see i lose some of the screen on the right side of the screen
http://puu.sh/5fhUt.png
because the status bar is still there, if where a option to automatic colapse the status bar as others apps/video palyers do whould be great

so, is there any chance to implement this feature?, Colapse the status bar as others apps, video players do so i/we can have 100% of both scren in the layout of the second pic

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 pm

This would be a nice feature so that we're able to see what's in our notification bar without closing drastic. Also, what game is that in the layout pictures that you posted above me?

Arpadiam

Post by Arpadiam » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 pm

dnyce13 wrote:This would be a nice feature so that we're able to see what's in our notification bar without closing drastic. Also, what game is that in the layout pictures that you posted above me?
Colapsing the status bar gona give more sceeen in that layout

Suikoden tierkreis undub final
Voices in japanese with englis subtitles

Jun

Post by Jun » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:15 pm

How about the ability to run games at double the original resolution? :D

mindbender

Post by mindbender » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 am

Arpadiam, the latest version of the beta makes some steps to fix that problem. Automatic rotation is enabled and the onscreen softkeys go to the bottom of the screen when you play with the portrait orientation instead of staying on the side of the screen like you've pictured.

Still a little buggy but makes a big difference in usability. Thanks Lordus!

I'm pretty sure that's already in Jun. I have both screens at 4X the original resolution on my nexus 7 in portrait mode.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:59 am

mindbender wrote:Arpadiam, the latest version of the beta makes some steps to fix that problem. Automatic rotation is enabled and the onscreen softkeys go to the bottom of the screen when you play with the portrait orientation instead of staying on the side of the screen like you've pictured.

I'm pretty sure that's already in Jun. I have both screens at 4X the original resolution on my nexus 7 in portrait mode.
What is a little buggy?

mindbender

Post by mindbender » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Lordus wrote:
mindbender wrote:Arpadiam, the latest version of the beta makes some steps to fix that problem. Automatic rotation is enabled and the onscreen softkeys go to the bottom of the screen when you play with the portrait orientation instead of staying on the side of the screen like you've pictured.

What is a little buggy?
I had thought there was a slight disconnect between autorotation and the selectable orientations in the full menu, but upon further testing just now maybe this was the way you intended it to be.

If my device is being held in portrait orientation, picking one of the landscape orientations does nothing until I turn the device sideways, but when the device is sideways and I pick the portrait orientation from the menu it switches to that fine. I don't have any problems with it personally after figuring it out.

Also, when I updated and played a game in portrait for the first time, the virtual keys were borked and all I could see were vertically stretched L and R buttons. Resetting the key layout fixed the issue. I believe I did tweak the layout in portrait while using the previous version so this may have been the cause.

While you're here, please consider tweaking the colors in the full menu slightly? White on light gray doesn't have good contrast and is a little hard to read. Other than that, the new pop up menu functionality seems great! Much easier to use on tablets.

Arpadiam

Post by Arpadiam » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Glad to see that feature i'be suggested, colapsing the status bar in portrait mode gona give a bit more "close" to what is play with ds and with both screen at 100% size