Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
srulz
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by srulz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 am

Can you please put all the resizing/positioning of the screens to be define-able by numbers?
Or at least, if that's not possible, then maybe the values can be shown?

So that I would have much more finer and accurate control over those, rather than using my finger to adjust the values roughly, and estimate the values visually. Thanks!

drastically1235

Post by drastically1235 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:05 am

can we assign save/load states on hardware buttons

i don't mean quicksave/quickload(u guys added it already :P )

i mean the save/loadstates #1~5 :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:15 am

drastically1235 wrote:can we assign save/load states on hardware buttons

i don't mean quicksave/quickload(u guys added it already :P )

i mean the save/loadstates #1~5 :)
i doubt theres a controller with 10extra buttons for that. id rather that the buttos can bring out the save/load menu so we can choose what stae to save/load. also qicksave/load is basically also a savestate.
Behold my mighty

Post by 881521 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 pm

1. Further features that can be mapped to buttons such as the Close lid, microphone (hold).

2. mappable onscreen buttons.

3. Show FPS below screen if possible or at least in the right corner as it blocks the health bar in some games (Jumps Stars, Gigant Battle)

4. A notification in the status bar when Running in the background.

5. Ability to rearrange rom list e.g. alphabetically, by size or manually.

6. Disable volume keys, they sometimes change volume even when mapped.

7. Highlight the location of cursor on menu, when navigating with D pad (xperia play).

8. Deselect all cheats button

Eselter

Post by Eselter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Ability to hide and move buttons (A B X Y) separately ;)

ZhuraYuki

Post by ZhuraYuki » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Most thing that DraStic is lacking is ability no enhance graphics. All other emulators can do that. Simplest way is to add more advanced filters for example HQ2xS like in nds4droid. Check attached pictures with filters comparison. Notice that almost each android device has hardware resizer which may reduce cpu usage for that. Anyway, new filters would not use much CPU power as framerate is not dropping significantly in nds4driod with them. Also it would be great to add openGL for 3d games with hi-res 3d rendering, texture filtering and antialiasing, like in FPSE, PPSSPP, n64oid.
Attachments
nds4driod-HQ2xS-1.jpg
nds4driod-HQ2xS
nds4driod-HQ2xS-1.jpg (171.65KiB)Viewed 11639 times
Drastic-Scale2X-1.jpg
Drastic-Scale2X
Drastic-Scale2X-1.jpg (180.25KiB)Viewed 11639 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:21 pm

that depends. you cant say adding a feature wouldnt have impact on emulators. id rather have it as it is and run good speeds than add bell and whistles and crawl a snails space.
Behold my mighty

ZhuraYuki

Post by ZhuraYuki » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:05 am

Jay Haru wrote:that depends. you cant say adding a feature wouldnt have impact on emulators. id rather have it as it is and run good speeds than add bell and whistles and crawl a snails space.
You can make these feature disabled by default, users with high end devices can try to enable them to see how it goes. DraStic is highly optimized emulator and on my i9500 I have not seen any slowdowns for all games I tried and cpu is not loaded much because phone remains slightly warm during gameplay. I understand that openGL features is quite complicated stuff and all other emulators just ported it from Windows. So, as I wrote, simplest thing would be to add more filters which already present in Drastic, they work for 3D also and graphics is much better with them.

spajdr

Post by spajdr » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:49 am

I think additional filters will be added soon or later, when exophase will be confident that compatibility rate is high enough.
Retroarch have plenty OpenGL shaders which perhaps could be used?
http://forum.themaister.net/viewforum.php?id=6
Google Nexus 7 2013 32GB LTE

Lizzard770

Post by Lizzard770 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 am

Check attached pictures with filters comparison.
Great filter indeed. Lines are much better, especially noticable on oldman's figure. I hope Exophase will look for this filter.
You can make these feature disabled by default, users with high end devices can try to enable them to see how it goes
+1. On my tablet with 1.5 GHz cpu all games run in fullspeed without frameskip. If filter has serious impact on performance, I could run turn-based 2d games with frameskip.