DraStic r2.5.0.4a test alpha

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
tomkatt
Re: DraStic r2.5.0.4a test alpha

Post by tomkatt » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:58 am

Exophase wrote:I have uploaded a new alpha to Google Play, version 2.5.0.4a build 90. The main purpose of this release is to find any bugs/missing features/regressions vs 2.5.0.3a and address them. xperia64 and I will make updates in response to reports, and when we feel that it has been tested enough move it to beta, and then to full release.

The process for alpha testing is the same as beta testing, described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828
Edit - Scratch that, joined the alpha. I'll test some games in the next week or so.

That aside, with regard to Solatorobo, I played that 100% on DraStic previously but never experienced, or at least don't recall the aforementioned slowdowns. I did play on a fairly beefy tablet though, for the time at least (HP Slate 7 Extreme, Tegra 4 @ 1.8GHz), so it may have been a brute force solution.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:21 am

If you are playing a game in Landscape and then rotate the phone, this happens: http://imgur.com/a/1ZqZK

Deleting the config folder resolves this, perhaps this update is not able to read the config files correctly made by previous versions. Is the config format changed?

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 am

Exophase wrote:
Steak_Typhoon wrote:Using the YotaPhone 2 running Android KitKat (4.4.3) everything is working the same so far. It still can't manage to upload savestates to google drive though.
Can you provide more detail as to what you're doing and what's happening?

I tested it on my Honor 8 w/Android 7.0 by doing the following:

1) Made a savestate
2) Went to game menu and selected Manage Savestates
3) Selected the savestate I made
4) Selected Upload to Google Drive
5) Selected the associated gmail account
6) Checked on GDrive that it was there
7) Deleted the savestate
8) Clicked the triangle-like icon in the upper right corner of the Manage Savestates menu
9) Selected empty savestate that appeared
10) Selected Download from Google Drive
11) Loaded savestate
I get to that 5th step and it just fails without giving me any indication of a problem. I then check GDrive and there is nothing there from Drastic.
I get the same issue with my Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 running nougat (7.0).
I recorded it here:
https://youtu.be/jC9Wd8GCsII

Also while investigating this, I noticed Drastic continued a game I was playing when I started a new one instead of starting the new one. This only happend once and I can't reproduce the issue, but I did happen to record it!
https://youtu.be/_DPY1NV1-00
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Steak_Typhoon wrote:I get to that 5th step and it just fails without giving me any indication of a problem. I then check GDrive and there is nothing there from Drastic.
I get the same issue with my Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 running nougat (7.0).
I recorded it here:
https://youtu.be/jC9Wd8GCsII
Do you have the DraStic directory on your gdrive? It should be automatically created but that could be failing.

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Exophase wrote:Do you have the DraStic directory on your gdrive? It should be automatically created but that could be failing.
I do have a Drastic folder in GDrive, but I created it myself Sep 8, 2016 when I was trying to make this feature work.

Actually, nevermind. I just tried deleting the folder and trying to upload a savestate and it worked; it created the DraStic folder and uploaded the savestate on the first try.
So it seems the problem was coming from the folder being named "Drastic" instead of "DraStic".
So I was only having this bug because I tried following someone's advice to add a folder called "Drastic" to my GDrive when I couldn't get savestates uploaded in an earlier version of DraStic.
I've tested this on my YotaPhone 2 and my NVidia Shield Tablet K1 and it works on both now.
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:47 pm

kaikun97 wrote:If you are playing a game in Landscape and then rotate the phone, this happens: http://imgur.com/a/1ZqZK

Deleting the config folder resolves this, perhaps this update is not able to read the config files correctly made by previous versions. Is the config format changed?
Do you still have your old config files so I can try to debug this?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:57 pm

xperia64 wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:If you are playing a game in Landscape and then rotate the phone, this happens: http://imgur.com/a/1ZqZK

Do you still have your old config files so I can try to debug this?
No sorry I deleted them, I do have a much older backup if it helps, it should still be the same format: https://byte.wtf/config.zip

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh wow, I had no idea Solatorobo used edge marking. Guess I last played it before hi-res 3D and edge marking were implemented. Looking forward to playing through this one again now.

milesrotaru

Post by milesrotaru » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 am

tomkatt wrote:Oh wow, I had no idea Solatorobo used edge marking. Guess I last played it before hi-res 3D and edge marking were implemented. Looking forward to playing through this one again now.
You're in for a treat, that game benefits tremendously from high res 3D.

Comparison attached:
Attachments
IMG_20170710_082412.jpg
IMG_20170710_082412.jpg (56.59KiB)Viewed 14055 times
IMG_20170710_082409.jpg
IMG_20170710_082409.jpg (51.58KiB)Viewed 14055 times

AngryPotato

Post by AngryPotato » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Audio in MKDS is very slightly faster than audio running on a 3DS booted from a cart. Not sure of it's the 3DS or the emulator.

Additionally, sound in MarioKart DS, Pokemon Black 2, and Pokemon SoulSilver (haven't tested others) still plays when you've "closed" the DS at a slightly slower speed. When you "open" the DS in Pokemon Black 2 the onscreen stuff plays faster to try and catch up with the sound until they both reach the same spot, at which point it would play normally. In Pokemon SoulSilver, the audio and video play out of sync until it tries to play something else.

This is a bit stranger. If you boot New Super Mario Bros and close the lid while on the menu it repeats Mario's "Bye-bye" and "It'sa me, Mario" sound. In Super Mario 64 DS it repeats those lines with a ding between the lines.

This is with medium audio latency if that changes anything.