DraStic r2.5.0.4a test alpha

Post by Exophase » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Update: build 91

I've updated to build 91, with the following changes:

- Changed NDK version to fix an issue with x86 devices
- Fix to DraStic's BIOS to allow sleeping to work correctly
- Fixed app theme for Lollipop+

Original

I have uploaded a new alpha to Google Play, version 2.5.0.4a build 90. The main purpose of this release is to find any bugs/missing features/regressions vs 2.5.0.3a and address them. xperia64 and I will make updates in response to reports, and when we feel that it has been tested enough move it to beta, and then to full release.

The process for alpha testing is the same as beta testing, described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828

I will keep a log of changes for each release in this thread. The initial release 90 does have a few extra things (which should be tested):

- Google Drive fix for current Android
- Mario Hoops 3 on 3 hires rendering crash fix
- Mitigation for slowdown in Solatorobo

It would really help if this can be tested on as many devices and Android versions as possible. For now, this thread is the best place to report any issues.

Jay Haru

Re: DraStic r2.5.0.4a test alpha

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:50 pm

hah, it is a good day to wake up seeing theres a new release. will check the games now
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Haven't found any glaring issues so far, or at least from the games I tested. Might load up a few others especially those which exhibit bugs on other emulators, e.g. Monster Trucks DS and the like.

milesrotaru

Post by milesrotaru » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 pm

It's my birthday and I couldn't ask for a better present than a new DraStic. Congrats on pushing forward despite Lordus' unfortunate departure. I'll report back on the Solatorobo fix later.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Dpad and menu button gone after update. Need to kill the app due to no menu, can't change layout (portrait) and forcing rotation freezes the app until it goes back to a portrait.

Old bugs, if nothing changed: irregular locks while exiting and waking up, fixed only by killing the app or rebooting.

Nice to have: a dark theme and tying menu animations to system or allowing to toogle it.

---

Tried with controller, luckily with menu bound. Buttons also missing on other layouts.

Another old bug: Inconsistent controls on menu. Can't remember exactly how android translates DS4 inputs, but they are fixed at least and between menus ok/back swap.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Fefo wrote:Dpad and menu button gone after update. Need to kill the app due to no menu, can't change layout (portrait) and forcing rotation freezes the app until it goes back to a portrait.

Old bugs, if nothing changed: irregular locks while exiting and waking up, fixed only by killing the app or rebooting.

Nice to have: a dark theme and tying menu animations to system or allowing to toogle it.
What device is this on? Can you try a clean install? (delete or rename /sdcard/DraStic to something else as well)
There's a slight chance that the Dpad disappearing may be related to anti-tamper, although I don't know what would cause it here. I haven't experienced the orientation-related issues, although I can't force landscape myself, only portrait (although I believe that was the behavior of the previous version too).

Regarding menu animations, I haven't found a way to retrieve the default system transition animation resource, and DraStic's interface heavily relies on a ViewAnimator.

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Using the YotaPhone 2 running Android KitKat (4.4.3) everything is working the same so far. It still can't manage to upload savestates to google drive though.

btw, is this new alpha foreshadowing new development for DraStic's Raspberry Pi fork?
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Nexus 4 on Android 4.4.4 with custom DPI. I'm fiddling with rotation, along more, with Xposed module App Settings.

Clean install worked. Restored the folder and aside from some configs everything is back.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:34 pm

Steak_Typhoon wrote:Using the YotaPhone 2 running Android KitKat (4.4.3) everything is working the same so far. It still can't manage to upload savestates to google drive though.
Can you provide more detail as to what you're doing and what's happening?

I tested it on my Honor 8 w/Android 7.0 by doing the following:

1) Made a savestate
2) Went to game menu and selected Manage Savestates
3) Selected the savestate I made
4) Selected Upload to Google Drive
5) Selected the associated gmail account
6) Checked on GDrive that it was there
7) Deleted the savestate
8) Clicked the triangle-like icon in the upper right corner of the Manage Savestates menu
9) Selected empty savestate that appeared
10) Selected Download from Google Drive
11) Loaded savestate
Steak_Typhoon wrote:btw, is this new alpha foreshadowing new development for DraStic's Raspberry Pi fork?
The two things are unrelated but I still intend to work on that too.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:38 pm

xperia64 wrote:
Fefo wrote:Dpad and menu button gone after update. Need to kill the app due to no menu, can't change layout (portrait) and forcing rotation freezes the app until it goes back to a portrait.

What device is this on? Can you try a clean install? (delete or rename /sdcard/DraStic to something else as well)
There's a slight chance that the Dpad disappearing may be related to anti-tamper, although I don't know what would cause it here. I haven't experienced the orientation-related issues, although I can't force landscape myself, only portrait (although I believe that was the behavior of the previous version too).

Regarding menu animations, I haven't found a way to retrieve the default system transition animation resource, and DraStic's interface heavily relies on a ViewAnimator.
the d-pad missing may be because of an external button mapping. it happened to me and had to check what was happening. found out it enabled one of my gamepad profiles

no issues other than that found on initial tests on all these games

Dragon quest 4,9 and joker
digimon world
anno
adventure time
animal crossing
tales of innocence
suikoden
mario kart
rune factory 1,2,3
mario ds
pokemon guradia signs