Are you going to fix this problem?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Huntereb
Re: Are you going to fix this problem?

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:24 pm

cloud1250000 wrote:What about getting a controller... There is a limit of what people can do when it comes to touch control.
How are touch controls any less limited than physical controls?

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Huntereb wrote:
cloud1250000 wrote:What about getting a controller... There is a limit of what people can do when it comes to touch control.
How are touch controls any less limited than physical controls?
In some games having the setting where control presses also press the screen might cause conflicts of interest. Need to touch the stylus screen under a control while pressing, say the x button, at the same time might pull up a menu instead of performing the desired stylus press. So unless alternate screen settings are used, the virtual buttons MIGHT disrupt gameplay.
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Well if he get a gamepad, the touchcontrol won't be a problem anymore. Screen isn't the same on every damn phone, it's implying that touchcontrol will not work the same way on each damn phone.. with a gamepad, he got direct access to the emulated touchscreen without problem like this.

Edit. Thank hug ;)
--Current Mobile device--
Htc one ( *-* ) , Xperia play, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crappy phone)

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:32 pm

HugMeTender wrote:In some games having the setting where control presses also press the screen might cause conflicts of interest. Need to touch the stylus screen under a control while pressing, say the x button, at the same time might pull up a menu instead of performing the desired stylus press. So unless alternate screen settings are used, the virtual buttons MIGHT disrupt gameplay.
Then do as I said and alter the layout. I do recommend external hardware for a controller, but there's a much easier way to solve this than having to spend more money.

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, but for some, it's "too" hard to alter the layout ahahahah
--Current Mobile device--
Htc one ( *-* ) , Xperia play, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crappy phone)

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Huntereb wrote:
HugMeTender wrote:In some games having the setting where control presses also press the screen might cause conflicts of interest. Need to touch the stylus screen under a control while pressing, say the x button, at the same time might pull up a menu instead of performing the desired stylus press. So unless alternate screen settings are used, the virtual buttons MIGHT disrupt gameplay.
Then do as I said and alter the layout. I do recommend external hardware for a controller, but there's a much easier way to solve this than having to spend more money.
On certain small devices, editing the layout might be too difficult. Especially since you can't resize the controls yet. I do agree editing the layout is usually a solution. It's just not a solution everyone might be able to use.

Systems Owned
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

acid

Post by acid » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:13 pm

You guys are assuming I haven't tried changing the layout around, which I did. The problem is the screens appear a different size in the layout settings menu and even if I try to put the directional and xyba buttons a bit further down below the position they are originally, they actually appear further above their original position when I leave the settings.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:57 pm

acid wrote:You guys are assuming I haven't tried changing the layout around, which I did. The problem is the screens appear a different size in the layout settings menu and even if I try to put the directional and xyba buttons a bit further down below the position they are originally, they actually appear further above their original position when I leave the settings.
Then put the controls over the top screen then.
Last edited by Huntereb on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acid

Post by acid » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Yeah that sounds practical and easy to play. Thanks for that.

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:28 pm

acid wrote:Yeah that sounds practical and easy to play. Thanks for that.
Also, it would seem in many games the primary focus of the gameplay is on the touch screen. Moving the controls to the other screen would keep fingers from getting in the way :D

Systems Owned
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop