Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Yellowwalker
Pokewalker

Post by Yellowwalker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Can Drastic connect to a Pokewalker?

Exophase

Re: Pokewalker

Post by Exophase » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 pm

No, and I actually didn't even know this existed until now.

Pokewalkers use IR to communicate with the DS.. apparently there are Android devices with IR ports which is news to me. Does anyone know if there are third party apps that can talk to Pokewalkers?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Exophase wrote:No, and I actually didn't even know this existed until now.

Pokewalkers use IR to communicate with the DS.. apparently there are Android devices with IR ports which is news to me. Does anyone know if there are third party apps that can talk to Pokewalkers?
Of note is that while some do have IR ports like the Galaxy S6, from what I read they are unable to receive infrared signals back to the device unlike those Nokia phones of the early to mid 2000s.

Yellowwalker

Post by Yellowwalker » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm

@Exophase

Thank you for responding! I just found my old pokewalker, and wanted to see if there was an easier way than using the nds bootstrap. Thanks!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:18 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:Of note is that while some do have IR ports like the Galaxy S6, from what I read they are unable to receive infrared signals back to the device unlike those Nokia phones of the early to mid 2000s.
Ah, that makes sense. Guess that's a dead end for this sort of application. So I guess this would need a full blown Pokewalker emulator and that's just a bit much. It's probably best to just use AR codes to fake the Pokewalker counts.