Graphical Issues

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
jvijsn
Graphical Issues

Post by jvijsn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:24 am

The emulator :ds: works perfectly fine for me for almost all of my games.. but then the graphics specially in kingdom hearts sucks any ideas on how to improve the graphics? :D thanks in advance :D

awk

Re: Graphical Issues

Post by awk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:31 am

Graphics on the DS aren't the best. The emulator renders the graphics exactly like a ds would, it just then scales it up to the size of your screen.

Emulators like N64 or PSP ones work in an entirely different way, by rendering the game with specially designed tools making use of plugins, with a lot more settings to fiddle with. The approach of DraStic garantees the best compatibility right off the bat without extra work to adjust to every games. It just looks as good as the DS can make it, which has always been a bit rubbish compared to the PSP for example (See GTA Chinatown). It's just making up for it with its gimmicks of 2 screens, touchscreen, etc.

jvijsn

Post by jvijsn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:42 am

awk wrote:Graphics on the DS aren't the best. The emulator renders the graphics exactly like a ds would, it just then scales it up to the size of your screen.

Emulators like N64 or PSP ones work in an entirely different way, by rendering the game with specially designed tools making use of plugins, with a lot more settings to fiddle with. The approach of DraStic garantees the best compatibility right off the bat without extra work to adjust to every games. It just looks as good as the DS can make it, which has always been a bit rubbish compared to the PSP for example (See GTA Chinatown). It's just making up for it with its gimmicks of 2 screens, touchscreen, etc.
oh i see so thats the reason why the graphics is not that good compared to other emulators such as ppsspp and gameboid.. but do you have any advice to improve its graphics just a little?

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:48 am

jvijsn wrote:
awk wrote:Graphics on the DS aren't the best. The emulator renders the graphics exactly like a ds would, it just then scales it up to the size of your screen.

oh i see so thats the reason why the graphics is not that good compared to other emulators such as ppsspp and gameboid.. but do you have any advice to improve its graphics just a little?
Currently there's not much to do to make it look better, and Exophase mentioned somewhere else that increasing the internal resolution is possible, but it would take more power to emulate.

jvijsn

Post by jvijsn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 am

Sean wrote:
jvijsn wrote:

Currently there's not much to do to make it look better, and Exophase mentioned somewhere else that increasing the internal resolution is possible, but it would take more power to emulate.
i see.. is increasing the internal resolution possible on the current version? or it would be on the next? ;)

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am

jvijsn wrote:i see.. is increasing the internal resolution possible on the current version? or it would be on the next? ;)
It doesn't seem like much of a priority, but I'm sure more filters will be coming at one point.

jvijsn

Post by jvijsn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:08 am

Sean wrote:
jvijsn wrote:i see.. is increasing the internal resolution possible on the current version? or it would be on the next? ;)
It doesn't seem like much of a priority, but I'm sure more filters will be coming at one point.
thanks really appreciate it :D last but not the least does Exophase announce when is he going to release a newer version? :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 am

jvijsn wrote:
Sean wrote:
thanks really appreciate it :D last but not the least does Exophase announce when is he going to release a newer version? :)
He will say that there is a release soon but no specific dates.
Behold my mighty

jvijsn

Post by jvijsn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Sean wrote:
He will say that there is a release soon but no specific dates.[/quote]

oh thanks let's just hope he will release it soon :)))

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 am

It's been out for just over two weeks and already there has been three versions and multiple popular games that were broken to begin with now work perfectly, not too bad so far ;)