Why??

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
the_cake_is_a_lie
Re: Why??

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:31 am

Neptune wrote: Also considering the game library you have access to $8 is a very reasonable price for an emulator. I think my issue is the price exchange since somehow in AUS we have to pay more then in other places.
same i had to pay $9 AUD

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:33 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:
Neptune wrote: Also considering the game library you have access to $8 is a very reasonable price for an emulator. I think my issue is the price exchange since somehow in AUS we have to pay more then in other places.
same i had to pay $9 AUD
This is what exactly why people here in AUS don't want to pay for things since we get over charged compared to the rest of the world.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:41 am

Neptune wrote:
the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:
same i had to pay $9 AUD
This is what exactly why people here in AUS don't want to pay for things since we get over charged compared to the rest of the world.
$1 isn't much of a problem but sometimes the extra can be hundreds of dollars

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:
Neptune wrote: This is what exactly why people here in AUS don't want to pay for things since we get over charged compared to the rest of the world.
$1 isn't much of a problem but sometimes the extra can be hundreds of dollars
Yea like games and new consoles, phones as well. Its horrible, even worse when you see people actually want to tax importing just so we are forced to buy locally and pay higher prices.

awk

Post by awk » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 am

akutasame94 wrote:Jay

It's ok, we are just discussing,but I love all rpgs,just have no idea which ones work (except FF and chrono trigger games which I played on every console)

HugMeTender

I am not complaining, just saying the facts. Mupen is cheaper but great.GBAoid,SNESoid are perfect emulators.MyBoy cheaper, plays almost every game. It's subjective. To you this might be the best emulator, to others may not.8 bucks here is a daily pay for most people, so yeah..
Good rpgs are plentyful on the ds! Apart from the 4-5 final fantasy that are on it, you can try Radiant history, SUIKODEN, Disgaea, Infinite Space, Fire emblem and Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei (I think there are two on the ds) or the world ends with you, etc etc! Those should keep you busy for a while!

As for Drastic being the best and all that, an emulator is just as good as the console it emulates, and personally the ds isn't my favourite system, it seems a bit of a silly claim to make. It definitely is the best DS emulator though.
Last edited by awk on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 pm

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:same i had to pay $9 AUD
Just so we're clear: $9 AUD over $8 USD isn't an Australia tax, that's (roughly) what the current exchange rate is.

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:46 pm

agree ; just look im a final fantazy and chrono trigger big fan and i want to play those two games on my phone i just go to google play and buy them , but wait 14.19$ for ffIII what ?? and chrono trigger 12.16 , that make 26.35$ :shock:

after thinking you can see that the best thing is give 7.99 $ which is 6.99 euro for me and play all my favorite rpg games with more options on our Drastic emulator :ds:

why people are so stupid to realise that :mrgreen:
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:25 pm

slamandar wrote:agree ; just look im a final fantazy and chrono trigger big fan and i want to play those two games on my phone i just go to google play and buy them , but wait 14.19$ for ffIII what ?? and chrono trigger 12.16 , that make 26.35$ :shock:

after thinking you can see that the best thing is give 7.99 $ which is 6.99 euro for me and play all my favorite rpg games with more options on our Drastic emulator :ds:

Because people had been used to the notion that emulators are free. All emulators for pc that I know are basically free under some gpl lisence (vm stuff excluded) so they have this thinking that it carries over to anything ie mobiles.
Behold my mighty

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
slamandar wrote:agree ; just look im a final fantazy and chrono trigger big fan and i want to play those two games on my phone i just go to google play and buy them , but wait 14.19$ for ffIII what ?? and chrono trigger 12.16 , that make 26.35$ :shock:

Because people had been used to the notion that emulators are free. All emulators for pc that I know are basically free under some gpl lisence (vm stuff excluded) so they have this thinking that it carries over to anything ie mobiles.
They shouldn't think that though because if they look at most other emulators on mobile, they are paid with the exception of a few like nds4droid which they cannot make paid I think.