Add reverse portrait to Portrait layout

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Fefo
Add reverse portrait to Portrait layout

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:05 pm

My phone USB port gets in the way when I'm charging and playing simultaneously before I sleep, which is easily fixed by flipping it. However, since the Portrait layout is locked to "normal" portrait, and all landscape layouts disregard my rotation settings, there's no way to do that.

Could you either add reverse portrait or make the app follow my screen settings, so if I lock my phone to reverse portrait the app stays locked? In the former case you could add another toogle to General > Layout Rotation.

Thanks.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

TkSilver

Re: Add reverse portrait to Portrait layout

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:33 pm

+1 agreed would highly like this feature.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:21 pm

If this was IOS you could easily tweak it by installing a few mods from Cydia but as for Android...I'll look into it because I'm at work ATM.

+1

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Kyousuke753 wrote:If this was IOS you could easily tweak it by installing a few mods from Cydia but as for Android...I'll look into it because I'm at work ATM.

+1
On a rooted phone you might (might) be able to use xposed framework to falsely report your screen is in portrait when it is in reverse portrait, but this would mess with so many other things it would not be a viable option.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Lol, thanks Kyousuke. I forgot to test some Xposed tweaks before posting and surprise, it worked. Still, it's a very specialized solution and it's impossible to undo it with the app running.

For those who can't wait: install Xposed (good luck) and a module to tweak app rotation settings, I'll talk about "App Settings". On that app, choose DraStic on the list and edit orientation to "Always portrait (sensor)". Bam, portrait/reserse only on any layout. Of course, this lock you out of landscape layouts and I dunno if it works on phones with no reverse portrait by default (most of them).

---

Edit: Heh :P
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:57 am

BAH easy there's an app called Ultimate Rotation Control and it requires absolutely no Root requirements which is good though it's a trial app and the paid version is permanent which is $2.99. but it works and a screenshot isn't necessary as I've tested it.