[Suggestion] Active stylus support

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
prurigro
[Suggestion] Active stylus support

Post by prurigro » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:07 pm

For owners of devices with active styluses (like the galaxy note series, asus slate etc), which can differentiate between stylus input and your hand, having the option to only allow input with the overlay controller using your hand, and only allow touch input with the stylus when the overlay controller is enabled would be really sweet. Obviously this would only be useful for a cross section of users, but if it's not too difficult these devices would be able to play games that use both styles of input heavily much better.

I did a few searches on the site and don't believe this has been suggested yet, but my apologies if it has!

Thanks to the DraStic team for such a fantastic emulator btw! It's well worth the price :)

Jay Haru

Re: [Suggestion] Active stylus support

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm

But then it would just be samsung specific. Not Many other phone or tab has separate pen and touch sensing capability
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 am

Jay Haru wrote:But then it would just be samsung specific. Not Many other phone or tab has separate pen and touch sensing capability

That's true, but it would still be nice for the phones/tablets that do

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 pm

In that respect, it would be great for the games that make you go crazy on the touchpad where its just better suited for a stylus.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 pm

AsHperson wrote:In that respect, it would be great for the games that make you go crazy on the touchpad where its just better suited for a stylus.
Rhythm heaven is one of them

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Ah but we still have the issue of the split second delay in recognizing touch input. That is something you must also consider for anything ds touch related.
Behold my mighty

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Jay Haru wrote:Ah but we still have the issue of the split second delay in recognizing touch input. That is something you must also consider for anything ds touch related.
I don't have any noticeable touchscreen lag unless the game/emulator is already lagging.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 pm

AsHperson wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:Ah but we still have the issue of the split second delay in recognizing touch input. That is something you must also consider for anything ds touch related.
I don't have any noticeable touchscreen lag unless the game/emulator is already lagging.
I do experience this actually. Prolly its coz I already have four eyes. Even my controller suffers from lag. I doubt its my tab as I have ram to spare. Its just not so much an issue to me since I don't play games where touch screen input timing is crutial.
Behold my mighty

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:08 pm

AsHperson wrote:
Whatever you do, don't play Mario Party :lol:
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 pm

HugMeTender wrote:
AsHperson wrote:
Whatever you do, don't play Mario Party :lol:
Hahaha, what about Mariocart?