Other Emulators knowledge

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Ezequiel Gomes
Other Emulators knowledge

Post by Ezequiel Gomes » Fri May 06, 2016 2:04 pm

The knowledge of the PPSSPP of a Dev of DraStic caught my eye, there was much study of other emulators before creating this?

ericbazinga

Re: Other Emulators knowledge

Post by ericbazinga » Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to post this. It was too good of a meme
Spoiler!

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I've looked at other emulators out of curiosity before but I don't think it's impacted my own emulator development.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Removed, please don't re-ignite old threads on this forum

I don't understand what you mean in your post...I apologize if you found this offensive.

I personally don't like the PSP emulator even though it was created by 1 person. (Don't ask why) I'm more of a DS boy..

I like the DS emulator, it stands out as user friendly, and was created by 2 people who set their minds on achieving Drastic today.

There is a lot of computation behind emulation...It's really amazing to see android have all these emulators for 18 years of my life it's been crappy mindless games from Google Play store until emulators roll in and take the kings throne to being the best app...So I'm very happy waking up everyday with something fun to kill time with. SORRY FOR OFF TOPIC (@_@)

Eric Bazinga can't you just let it go and forget about it for me please (T^T)?
I want this to be the friendly-est community where everyone enjoys coming here. :D
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Sun May 15, 2016 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri May 06, 2016 11:32 pm

Exophase wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question.

I've looked at other emulators out of curiosity before but I don't think it's impacted my own emulator development.

He is looking for someone to port PPSSPP to windows mobile because it looks like the main dev and main people doing PPSSPP ports don't really care about porting to windows mobile even though it got jit functionality. This is assuming that he uses the same user name on both forums (ppsspp and drastic).

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:16 am

TkSilver wrote:This is assuming that he uses the same user name on both forums (ppsspp and drastic).
I still check the PPSSPP forums because I wanted to test PS VITA games on PPSSPP and my username is the same on Drastic and PPSSPP. but like quick look and go.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat May 07, 2016 12:17 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:Eric Bazinga can't you just let it go and forget about it for me please (T^T)?
I want this to be the friendly-est community where everyone enjoys coming here. :D
Sorry, it's just this guy went on my sh*t-list after he wouldn't take no for an answer and kept begging for a Windows Phone port of DraStic.
I enjoy coming here too, but I don't take BS lightly.

So here's your warning.
Spoiler!
edited to hide images in non off the wall sub forums

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:28 am

ericbazinga wrote:Sorry, it's just this guy went on my sh*t-list after he wouldn't take no for an answer and kept begging for a Windows Phone port of Drastic
Best funniest comment of the day goes to Eric Bazinga :lol:

AHEM I got the message and won't provoke...XD :D

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat May 07, 2016 4:55 am

TkSilver wrote:He is looking for someone to port PPSSPP to windows mobile because it looks like the main dev and main people doing PPSSPP ports don't really care about porting to windows mobile even though it got jit functionality. This is assuming that he uses the same user name on both forums (ppsspp and drastic).
I'm sorry I even needed that explanation.. kudos ;)

To put it bluntly, I don't do ports. And for right now, DraStic is my full focus (even if it doesn't always look like it). PPSSPP is open source and there are lots of other people who would be qualified to work on this.

I will say this much.. since Lordus and I (mostly Lordus) have been looking into a Windows (Phone) 10 port of DraStic, one of the sticking points that has come up is the alleged Thumb-2 requirement. I know that this has been a big obstacle for the PPSSPP folks. Right now, our testing has shown that ARM code seems to be okay in Windows Phone 10, and this is what we're moving forward with testing, although there's no guarantee that it'll work out in the end. So if Thumb-2 support is the holdup for PPSSPP it might be worth looking into ignoring that as well.

Ezequiel Gomes

Post by Ezequiel Gomes » Sun May 08, 2016 11:10 am

Looks like I just made a few enemies.

You anyway the post was my curiosity about the dev, this has nothing to do with port pro Windows Mobile