About DraStic

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Juan Vargas
About DraStic

Post by Juan Vargas » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi! I've finally bough DraStic (thanks to Kyousuke753 for giving me a play store gif card so I could get it), but because of my country, I had to change my account to another country where gif cards are available (and it worked). So in this post I want you to ask me some question (of course, if you want :) )

It is necessary to extract the 7z or RAR files to .nds?
It is recommended to download the games european versions or USA versions (or there's no problem)?
Can I change the names of my games (as I said in another post) to other names (example: "0543-Mario Kart DS EU M5 (Xenophobia).nds" to just "Mario Kart DS.nds?

Thank your for answer me :D

ericbazinga

Re: About DraStic

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Juan Vargas wrote:Hi! I've finally bough DraStic (thanks to Kyousuke753 for giving me a play store gif card so I could get it), but because of my country, I had to change my account to another country where gif cards are available (and it worked). So in this post I want you to ask me some question (of course, if you want :) )

It is recommended to download the games european versions or USA versions (or there's no problem)?
Can I change the names of my games (as I said in another post) to other names (example: "0543-Mario Kart DS EU M5 (Xenophobia).nds" to just "Mario Kart DS.nds?

1) .nds is reccommended
2) whatever country you live in will do
3) yes you can rename them

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:46 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Juan Vargas wrote:Hi! I've finally bough DraStic (thanks to Kyousuke753 for giving me a play store gif card so I could get it), but because of my country, I had to change my account to another country where gif cards are available (and it worked). So in this post I want you to ask me some question (of course, if you want :) )

1) .nds is reccommended
2) whatever country you live in will do
3) yes you can rename them
Thanks, now I know what to do :)

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Juan Vargas wrote: It is necessary to extract the 7z or RAR files to .nds?
You can use .zip files to save a little space if you absolutely need to, but you end up using more RAM if you go this route.... plus it is one more thing that could go wrong if you are having an issue. Not sure about 7zip and rar though, but plain zip works.

DraStic and for that matter the DS itself is region free so it does not matter besides language... So use the version in a language that is most comfortable to you

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:51 pm

TkSilver wrote:
Juan Vargas wrote: It is necessary to extract the 7z or RAR files to .nds?
You can use .zip files to save a little space if you absolutely need to, but you end up using more RAM if you go this route.... plus it is one more thing that could go wrong if you are having an issue. Not sure about 7zip and rar though, but plain zip works.

DraStic and for that matter the DS itself is region free so it does not matter besides language... So use the version in a language that is most comfortable to you
And I can mix the games with different regions (por instance, can I have New super mario bros. USA version in the same folder with Pokemon Black EU version)?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Juan Vargas wrote:And I can mix the games with different regions (por instance, can I have New super mario bros. USA version in the same folder with Pokemon Black EU version)?
Yes, DraStic doesn't care about the game regions at all.

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Exophase wrote:
Juan Vargas wrote:And I can mix the games with different regions (por instance, can I have New super mario bros. USA version in the same folder with Pokemon Black EU version)?
Yes, DraStic doesn't care about the game regions at all.
Great :D

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:05 pm

ARGH JUAN I even went thru hell to email you the steps and I ask you to ask for help on the forums like 3 days ago...LOLS glad to see you playing Drastic.

Juan Vargas

Post by Juan Vargas » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:38 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:ARGH JUAN I even went thru hell to email you the steps and I ask you to ask for help on the forums like 3 days ago...LOLS glad to see you playing Drastic.
Sorry, I didn't ask for help here before because DraStic wasn't working, but now it does :ds:

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:14 am

Juan Vargas wrote:
Kyousuke753 wrote:ARGH JUAN I even went thru hell to email you the steps and I ask you to ask for help on the forums like 3 days ago...LOLS glad to see you playing Drastic.
Sorry, I didn't ask for help here before because DraStic wasn't working, but now it does :ds:
It's fine Juan I'm glad we resolved the issue bro I was worried you couldn't play becuz rom issues...but it seems to be corrupt sd card this time.