Drastic on Remix OS

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Exophase
Re: Drastic on Remix OS

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:10 am

kaikun97 wrote:So you are planning a Windows 10 version?
Trying for a UWP version (Windows 10 desktops and phones), but of course no promises.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 am

Exophase wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:So you are planning a Windows 10 version?
Trying for a UWP version (Windows 10 desktops and phones), but of course no promises.
Sounds like you finally caved in to Equiziel Gomes's pleas... I can imagine he's pretty happy right now.

I don't have Windows 10 (I'm the only guy on the planet that likes Windows 8), so if you could make the desktop port compatible with older versions, that would be awesome. :-)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Sounds like you finally caved in to Equiziel Gomes's pleas... I can imagine he's pretty happy right now.

I don't have Windows 10 (I'm the only guy on the planet that likes Windows 8), so if you could make the desktop port compatible with older versions, that would be awesome. :-)
I loathe the idea of requiring Windows 10, but the Windows Store only allows UWP apps. It might be possible to get them to run on Windows 8.1, I'm not totally sure on this. But I never really considered requiring Windows 8+ to be much different.

There isn't a technical problem in doing a desktop app version, and in addition to working in Windows 7 it has benefits like being able to directly access ROMs without having to copy them. But there's the whole logistics problem of finding somewhere to put it without giving it away or making it ad-supported. If it were only used on desktops and laptops I'd consider making it free (depending on what Lordus thinks as well of course) but I don't really want that to be available on tablets. Especially since ultra-cheap Windows tablets compete with Android tablets.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Sounds like you finally caved in to Equiziel Gomes's pleas... I can imagine he's pretty happy right now.

I loathe the idea of requiring Windows 10, but the Windows Store only allows UWP apps. It might be possible to get them to run on Windows 8.1, I'm not totally sure on this. But I never really considered requiring Windows 8+ to be much different.

There isn't a technical problem in doing a desktop app version, and in addition to working in Windows 7 it has benefits like being able to directly access ROMs without having to copy them. But there's the whole logistics problem of finding somewhere to put it without giving it away or making it ad-supported. If it were only used on desktops and laptops I'd consider making it free (depending on what Lordus thinks as well of course) but I don't really want that to be available on tablets. Especially since ultra-cheap Windows tablets compete with Android tablets.
For Windows 10 desktop (I have Windows 10 on my pc), will it be paid or free? What about for people who already bought it on android?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:16 pm

kaikun97 wrote:For Windows 10 desktop (I have Windows 10 on my pc), will it be paid or free? What about for people who already bought it on android?
If it comes out on Windows Store it'll be paid.

If there was a way to give current Android users access to it for free automatically I'd do that, but I doubt that's really feasible. And if it has to be done manually through codes and whatever that's just too much to offer hundreds of thousands of people.

The incentive is mostly for tablets (primarily w/Atom) and phones. On decent spec'd desktops and laptops there's always DeSmuME and No$GBA.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:49 pm

If you need someone to test I have a z3735f based tablet with some nice bonus (for testing features).
Micro hdmi (for multi screen testing)
Full sized usb to test controllers.
2GB of ram (not all have 2GB)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:23 pm

TkSilver wrote:If you need someone to test I have a z3735f based tablet with some nice bonus (for testing features).
Thanks, I'll let you know if we ever get to that point.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Exophase wrote:
TkSilver wrote:If you need someone to test I have a z3735f based tablet with some nice bonus (for testing features).
Thanks, I'll let you know if we ever get to that point.
And I can test it on my Acer Aspire E15 laptop also. It doesn't do great when it comes to PC gaming (can't even run Dolphin at 60fps, but it can run Project64), so I think it would be a good candidate for if you want to try a more low-end device.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:21 pm

This is kind of "off-topic" but, Exophase, I wold like to know what are the chances for adding an option to upload native nds cartridge saves to GoogleDrive instead of savestates?

I'm fine with DraStic being on Android only. lol

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 am

GeeRayo wrote:This is kind of "off-topic" but, Exophase, I wold like to know what are the chances for adding an option to upload native nds cartridge saves to GoogleDrive instead of savestates?

I'm fine with DraStic being on Android only. lol
It's up to Lordus, so I'll let him answer that.