Drastic on Remix OS

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
GeeRayo
Drastic on Remix OS

Post by GeeRayo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:28 pm

Recently I started messing around with Remix OS, the first thing I wanted to install and test was DraStic, sadly, at first I couldn't manage to run any games with the official beta version, then I did some research and found this "hacked" version. http://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/r ... 1-t3345968

I have to say I'm beyond amazed, most of my games run without problems. Have anyone of you tested this yet? I would suggest to give it a try.

Exophase

Re: Drastic on Remix OS

Post by Exophase » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 pm

So this hacked version runs the unmodified DraStic beta? Do you know if it runs the full version? That requires Google Play but that looks like it's here.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I haven't messed with remix os yet (not enough time to do it justice), but I do remember when looking the official beta version can install google play services. You have to have that to run certain apps, DraStic being one of them.

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:23 am

Exophase wrote:So this hacked version runs the unmodified DraStic beta? Do you know if it runs the full version? That requires Google Play but that looks like it's here.
Yes, actually that's the version I'm using, the one that I bought from Play Store.

This emulator was the main reason I tried Remix, as my phone isn't good enough to handle 3D games.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-04-11-23-19-22.png
Screenshot_2016-04-11-23-19-22.png (1.65KiB)Viewed 12508 times

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:11 am

GeeRayo wrote:
Exophase wrote:So this hacked version runs the unmodified DraStic beta? Do you know if it runs the full version? That requires Google Play but that looks like it's here.
Yes, actually that's the version I'm using, the one that I bought from Play Store.

This emulator was the main reason I tried Remix, as my phone isn't good enough to handle 3D games.
Interesting, I'm glad it works.

Out of curiosity, what phone are you using?

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 am

Exophase wrote:Out of curiosity, what phone are you using?
an old Xperia LT22a.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Dual 1GHz Cortex-A9 right? Surprised to hear that's not enough to at least kind of handle 3D games (although w/o hires)

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes, even some 2D games run kind of choppy, furthermore, games other than Pokemon are difficult to play due to screen size. But, anyway.

Maybe this Remix OS thing can mend the lack of a working NDS emulator on "windows-like/desktop" environment.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:36 pm

GeeRayo wrote:Yes, even some 2D games run kind of choppy, furthermore, games other than Pokemon are difficult to play due to screen size. But, anyway.
I wonder if something is bogging down the CPU speed..
GeeRayo wrote:Maybe this Remix OS thing can mend the lack of a working NDS emulator on "windows-like/desktop" environment.
A proper port of DraStic to UWP (Universal Windows Platform) is in progress and could end up becoming a reality too, although that might require Windows 10.

For now this is good, and the next beta which should be out very soon will have a ton of x86 optimizations. So hires 3D should work better in this, for instance.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 am

Exophase wrote:
GeeRayo wrote:Yes, even some 2D games run kind of choppy, furthermore, games other than Pokemon are difficult to play due to screen size. But, anyway.
I wonder if something is bogging down the CPU speed..
GeeRayo wrote:Maybe this Remix OS thing can mend the lack of a working NDS emulator on "windows-like/desktop" environment.
A proper port of DraStic to UWP (Universal Windows Platform) is in progress and could end up becoming a reality too, although that might require Windows 10.

For now this is good, and the next beta which should be out very soon will have a ton of x86 optimizations. So hires 3D should work better in this, for instance.
So you are planning a Windows 10 version?