Idea for next update

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
HerySean
Idea for next update

Post by HerySean » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:11 am

Dear developers:

So i've been thinking what if you(the developer) make drastic have the feature to create different setting profile for each game we play like PPSSPP does? Think about it, for example, when we play Megaman Zero, we wanna edit our video settings for better experience, or Golden sun DD we wanna change video setting for more appropriate setting to run the game smoother cause not all users's devices and myself are high end. So my personal experience my favorite game Love Plus, i played that game for a while and everytime after I played pokemon with 3D multithread on and I switch to Love plus I had to go to settings->Video->disable 3D multithread, not to mention I had to change the audio setting too for better audio experience.

Developers, Please consider this in your next update,
If you seconded this, please let me know, and if you don't want to put this feature out to the next update, please let me know as well.

Thank you for your time and effort. :)

Jay Haru

Re: Idea for next update

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:08 am

HerySean wrote:Dear developers:

So i've been thinking what if you(the developer) make drastic have the feature to create different setting profile for each game we play like PPSSPP does? Think about it, for example, when we play Megaman Zero, we wanna edit our video settings for better experience, or Golden sun DD we wanna change video setting for more appropriate setting to run the game smoother cause not all users's devices and myself are high end. So my personal experience my favorite game Love Plus, i played that game for a while and everytime after I played pokemon with 3D multithread on and I switch to Love plus I had to go to settings->Video->disable 3D multithread, not to mention I had to change the audio setting too for better audio experience.

If you seconded this, please let me know, and if you don't want to put this feature out to the next update, please let me know as well.

huh? i thot this is already a thing for drastic...
Behold my mighty

HerySean

Post by HerySean » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:33 am

Jay Haru wrote:

huh? i thot this is already a thing for drastic...
No, it was only controller layout

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:54 am

I think this is a good idea. We haven't really had an update in a while, and this feature would be pretty cool.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:38 am

Talked to Lordus about this and we agree that it makes sense to have a per-game settings option for some video settings like threaded 3D, hires, and frameskip.

What audio option are you changing from game to game? If it's full audio on/off that can be changed from the quick menu and is probably not something most want on a game by game basis. The audio latency and microphone options don't really make sense.

HerySean

Post by HerySean » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Exophase wrote:Talked to Lordus about this and we agree that it makes sense to have a per-game settings option for some video settings like threaded 3D, hires, and frameskip.

What audio option are you changing from game to game? If it's full audio on/off that can be changed from the quick menu and is probably not something most want on a game by game basis. The audio latency and microphone options don't really make sense.
Actually when I played Golden sun DD I lowered the latency to medium or high (I couldn't really remember) to get a smooth audio quality because when I tried to played it with my headphone or even on speaker on highest latency, the audio it started to break just a little bit and it kinda laggy, just a little but I could feel it, or the game Love plus I put it on high and the audio and movement started to lag really bad, so lowered the latency to medium actually the lag's is gone. Or maybe i'm wrong, but if you have some doubt about my comment, please run some test with it. If i'm wrong and it's just my imagination, please let me know, because I might be wrong (maybe about 60% or more)

Thank you for approving my idea. Very appreciate it. :)

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Unless you are using the high resolution option there are very very few games that even come close to golden sun's performance hit, so if that is the only game you have had to change the latency on odds are there will be very few you will need to adjust for. But I see no harm in saving one more setting if your gonna save some what is one more.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:45 pm

AFAIK the profiles so far are meant for different players/saves. I want to create not something per-game, but a high-low setting. Sometimes I want to play a game with all fancy settings I can thrown, sometimes I just want to game a little without destrying my battery.

Allow to create a shortcut within a certain profile and it would be perfect :)
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Fefo wrote:AFAIK the profiles so far are meant for different players/saves. I want to create not something per-game, but a high-low setting. Sometimes I want to play a game with all fancy settings I can thrown, sometimes I just want to game a little without destrying my battery.

Allow to create a shortcut within a certain profile and it would be perfect :)
Each user profile has its own settings, cheats, saves and screen layouts.
Theoretically there's nothing preventing you from using it that way, by creating a low-profile user for example.
Only problem is that it won't share the saves with the other user profile(s).

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Exophase wrote:Talked to Lordus about this and we agree that it makes sense to have a per-game settings option for some video settings like threaded 3D, hires, and frameskip.

Should be a reasonable compromise as multithreaded 3D can glitch out in some games and allowing it on a per-game basis does make sense.