Drastic goes back to menu when one tries to load any game

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
andymundi
Drastic goes back to menu when one tries to load any game

Post by andymundi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:59 pm

I bought this a couple of days ago, and was super happy with it but now it is acting weird. For the last few days, it's been resetting back to the main menu every time I load a game. There is no error message. I've tried the FAQ troubleshooting but to no avail. I click on a game, see the loading screen for a couple of seconds, the screen flash white for half a second and then I'm back on square one. Please help me. It worked for the first day but now it's doing this.

I'm running the latest version (reinstalled it) on a Samsung S5 and use a Moga controller.

AfricanAmericanDog

Re: Drastic goes back to menu when one tries to load any gam

Post by AfricanAmericanDog » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:47 pm

andymundi wrote:I bought this a couple of days ago, and was super happy with it but now it is acting weird. For the last few days, it's been resetting back to the main menu every time I load a game. There is no error message. I've tried the FAQ troubleshooting but to no avail. I click on a game, see the loading screen for a couple of seconds, the screen flash white for half a second and then I'm back on square one. Please help me. It worked for the first day but now it's doing this.

I'm running the latest version (reinstalled it) on a Samsung S5 and use a Moga controller.
Try making a shortcut of the game and play it from the shortcut on your homescreen

andymundi

Post by andymundi » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:22 pm

AfricanAmericanDog wrote:
andymundi wrote:I bought this a couple of days ago, and was super happy with it but now it is acting weird. For the last few days, it's been resetting back to the main menu every time I load a game. There is no error message. I've tried the FAQ troubleshooting but to no avail. I click on a game, see the loading screen for a couple of seconds, the screen flash white for half a second and then I'm back on square one. Please help me. It worked for the first day but now it's doing this.

Try making a shortcut of the game and play it from the shortcut on your homescreen
I've tried, the game just gets into a loop if crashing and trying to start

EpsilonEuh

Post by EpsilonEuh » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 pm

I have exactly the same problem.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Ive only had this issue a few times and it seems to happen when Drastic Fails to load the ROM, however trying a second time always works for me, but I have no idea, are your roms on internal storage or external storage? For me the issue was that I had my roms stored on a MicroSD card that was too slow for Drastic to be loading properly

Schnibbi

Post by Schnibbi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:17 am

Hi.

I have the exact same problem.

Making a shortcut doesn't work. Like at all. There is no shortcut made when I press it even tho it says a shortcut has been made.

The Roms are on the sd card but just to be sure, I moved them around to see what happens but I just get sent to the Drastic starting screen as always.

I try to play Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver.

I tried playing the roms zipped and unzipped but theres no difference.

I bought this app months if not years ago and back then it worked just fine.

Now it won't play any Roms I have on my phone. :/

I got an old samsung s2 and as I said it worked before without any problems so it can't rly be the phone I think.

Other emulators like "Mupen64" and "My Boy!" work just fine.

I don't use any controllers and I don't have any apps installed that can come with Drastic or can be used with Drastic.

I tried reinstalling it but same difference again.

Hope I can get some help.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Anyone with this problem please try the latest beta version: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=828

Schnibbi

Post by Schnibbi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:27 pm

The beta version didn't change a thing.
Still got the exact same problem.
Screen goes white for a really short moment after picking the rom, drastic start screen pops up saying loading and I'm back at the start screen.

Tried with 2 different Pokemon Heartgold and one Soulsilver Rom on different places saved on my phone just to be sure.

I'm really confused that Drastic doesn't even create a shortcut when I click on it. It just doesn't do anything really. :?

Still hoping for some help.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:36 pm

Schnibbi wrote:Hi.

I have the exact same problem.

Making a shortcut doesn't work. Like at all. There is no shortcut made when I press it even tho it says a shortcut has been made.

The Roms are on the sd card but just to be sure, I moved them around to see what happens but I just get sent to the Drastic starting screen as always.

I try to play Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver.

I tried playing the roms zipped and unzipped but theres no difference.

I bought this app months if not years ago and back then it worked just fine.

Now it won't play any Roms I have on my phone. :/

I got an old samsung s2 and as I said it worked before without any problems so it can't rly be the phone I think.

Other emulators like "Mupen64" and "My Boy!" work just fine.

I don't use any controllers and I don't have any apps installed that can come with Drastic or can be used with Drastic.

I tried reinstalling it but same difference again.

Hope I can get some help.
So you're trying to make game shortcuts ans it's not working? Is there extra space on your home menu for them?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.