Windows 10 UNIVERSAL

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
TkSilver
Re: Windows 10 UNIVERSAL

Post by TkSilver » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:34 am

lybxlpsv wrote:you seem to own windows mobile 10 device, have you or anyone tried sideloading google play services and drastic apk on windows mobile?
He does not have a compatible version to the xdahack
•Nokia Lumia 920
•Nokia Lumia 925
•Nokia Lumia 929 (icon)
•Nokia Lumia 830
•Nokia Lumia 930
•Nokia Lumia 1520
•Nokia Lumia 635 (1GB RAM variant)
•Nokia Lumia 730
•Nokia Lumia 820
•Nokia Lumia 435
•Nokia Lumia 928
Those are the supported devices from xda windows phone hack

If we ignore the risks involved in the developer mode hack (most XDA funness voids warranties anyways), I still have not seen any evidence that a license protected app works with this trick. DraStic really really really dislikes anything that messes with google play licensing.
I would personally be intrested in if the demo version would work though (forgot if demo needs google play to work or not). It would probably be one of the most demanding apps to run like this if it works.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:32 am

lybxlpsv wrote:
Ezequiel Gomes wrote:Ok
you seem to own windows mobile 10 device, have you or anyone tried sideloading google play services and drastic apk on windows mobile?
Windows Mobile does not run Android applications and cannot install APK files. That is like trying to run a MacOSX DMG on Windows 10

lybxlpsv

Post by lybxlpsv » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:02 am

TkSilver wrote:I would personally be intrested in if the demo version would work though (forgot if demo needs google play to work or not). It would probably be one of the most demanding apps to run like this if it works.
well i've saw ppsspp works with that, although it seems like they removed windows bridge for android/astoria on the latest windows mobile 10 builds and now they seem to focus on windows bridge for ios instead.

doubt if anyone is that determined to downgrade to the older builds that has astoria just to try Drastic.which could also mean theres low demand for windows mobile drastic maybe

Ezequiel Gomes

Post by Ezequiel Gomes » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:31 am

Guys, there is the Drastic to IOS? if your goal is porting from another platform to carry there,

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:31 am

Ezequiel Gomes wrote:Guys, there is the Drastic to IOS? if your goal is porting from another platform to carry there,
The biggesr issue with iOS DraStic is it would require a jailbroken device for 2 main reasons.

1. The only way jit works on iOS is on jailbroken devices. Currently newer devices like the 6s and iOS9 severely break jit even on jailbroken devices. I think some of the PPSSPP iOS port developers might have fixed their device.... not sure (my iOS device will not update past 6.1.2 so didn't bother to look into it that much.)

2. Apple does not (at times) support emulators in it's app store. There have been brief moments that Apple allowed them, only to freeze them a few months later. This effectively means you would need to use cydia or annother jailbroken app store. Currently not sure the strength of Cydia's DRM/licensing system, but back when I used to use it there seemed to be a lot of cracked cydia apps like 3 or 4 cracked versions for every 1 legit app. Also the sales system is quite a bit different from a major app store.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 am

Ezequiel Gomes wrote:Guys, there is the Drastic to IOS? if your goal is porting from another platform to carry there,
Here we go again... (sigh)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:10 am

ericbazinga wrote:
At the end of the day this was specifically advertised as an Emulator for Android and not any other platform. Exophase should not be pressured into supporting another platform. Its more work, and to my understanding, its going to be difficult to actually sell this on the Windows Store as likely they won't allow paid emulators and certainly not for iOS due to the app store. This is a premium emulator and for the time being, the only viable platform to support and sell the emulator on is Android.

If you really badly want to play Nintendo DS games on your phone, buy an Android device. Expensive LG and Samsung phones are not your only option. Cheap ones that are at least dual core will run this fine too, even if it is a cheap chinese thing

Exophase is not the only emulator developer in the entire mobile softeare development industry. Im sure someone else can do it when its more viable.

This forum is for help and support for Drastic DS anyway and not for nagging the developers to port it to another platform. It has been said many times a windows phone port will be difficult. At the end of the day, Exophase and Lordus decide on what happens.

And in my opinion, Android is the best platform for emulation.

Ezequiel Gomes

Post by Ezequiel Gomes » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:08 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
At the end of the day this was specifically advertised as an Emulator for Android and not any other platform. Exophase should not be pressured into supporting another platform. Its more work, and to my understanding, its going to be difficult to actually sell this on the Windows Store as likely they won't allow paid emulators and certainly not for iOS due to the app store. This is a premium emulator and for the time being, the only viable platform to support and sell the emulator on is Android.

If you really badly want to play Nintendo DS games on your phone, buy an Android device. Expensive LG and Samsung phones are not your only option. Cheap ones that are at least dual core will run this fine too, even if it is a cheap chinese thing

Exophase is not the only emulator developer in the entire mobile softeare development industry. Im sure someone else can do it when its more viable.

This forum is for help and support for Drastic DS anyway and not for nagging the developers to port it to another platform. It has been said many times a windows phone port will be difficult. At the end of the day, Exophase and Lordus decide on what happens.

And in my opinion, Android is the best platform for emulation.

Exophase has already ended the discussion, you have reignited

Ezequiel Gomes

Post by Ezequiel Gomes » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:11 pm

And I think I was misunderstood. If I'm not mistaken you were talking about a port through the BETA Hack Project Astoria, and I said it would be better to port of IOS by Islanwood

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:18 pm

TkSilver wrote:Currently not sure the strength of Cydia's DRM/licensing system, but back when I used to use it there seemed to be a lot of cracked cydia apps like 3 or 4 cracked versions for every 1 legit app. Also the sales system is quite a bit different from a major app store.
Some years ago there was actually a paid version of gpSP (gba4iphone) on Cydia and I got some of the earnings. Unfortunately, the payment service they used (PayPal) started banning accounts that had any connection to receiving money for emulators, even through donations. So Cydia could no longer allowed paid emulators. If this weren't the case there would probably be a port already.

I'm not completely opposed to us doing ports that are free, but not for mainstream platforms that are in direct competition with Android like iOS or Windows Phone. That would probably generate a lot of drama.