Controllers and "always show START/SELECT"

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Fefo
Controllers and "always show START/SELECT"

Post by Fefo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:48 pm

I never understood this option but it didn't bother me so far. However when using a external controller and "hide bound keys" this option has a higher priority and need to be disabled, and toogling it on the disk menu disables input (intended, I guess).

Can you either make START/SELECT keys show normally (they can be disabled on "edit controller layout") or hide them when they are bound, like the others? Thanks.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Re: Controllers and "always show START/SELECT"

Post by Lordus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:37 pm

If they're bound and the hide option is enabled, then they shouldn't show up. Should be fixed in the next update.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:13 pm

RISE!

No, the option works. I just found it silly: why it exists if you can enable/disable any button on "edit controller layout"? It'll only keep those buttons hidden/shown for unnecessary reasons, IMO.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:26 pm

It exists, because at the beginning the start/select buttons where only in the radial menu.
Then there were users asking for an option to have them always on-screen.
Then we added controller configuration to the layout editor.
Then users asked to be able to enable/disable individual buttons in the controller editor.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:33 pm

:P, as logical as it sounded.

I would remove them from the radial menu (start/select might be "less important", but this was unnecessarily clunky) and do away with the menu toggle, but I get that you are dealing with a legacy question now. So, do nothing/whatever.

Thanks a lot for answering.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH