Dual Shock 4 Support?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Azeon
Dual Shock 4 Support?

Post by Azeon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:39 am

Hey!

Just bought the App and its awesome, excellent work...

I was wondering if the DS4 is supported and if there is any intention on make the track pad supported.

Best Regards.

TkSilver

Re: Dual Shock 4 Support?

Post by TkSilver » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:50 pm

First thing is does your phone support the dualshock 4 because not many do (same with support for DS3). Nothing done with drastic can make a dualshock work on a phone it does not want to work with (short of Lordus personally rewriting some kernal drivers for your android device). If it does pair and work (ie you can move around your home screen with it) then you can map the buttons and use it.

As far as the touchpad thingy the DS4 has I am not sure if android even sees the input from that at all even on the devices that hook up to a DS4 the best.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:55 am

TkSilver wrote:First thing is does your phone support the dualshock 4 because not many do (same with support for DS3). Nothing done with drastic can make a dualshock work on a phone it does not want to work with (short of Lordus personally rewriting some kernal drivers for your android device). If it does pair and work (ie you can move around your home screen with it) then you can map the buttons and use it.

As far as the touchpad thingy the DS4 has I am not sure if android even sees the input from that at all even on the devices that hook up to a DS4 the best.
Doesn't Sixaxis IME bridge that gap though?

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:00 pm

kaikun97 wrote: Doesn't Sixaxis IME bridge that gap though?
The sixaxis IME... (assuming your phone is rooted because it requires root) does not work on every device. That is why the sixaxis compatibility checker exists. The checker is tomsee if the IME would even help since the number of devices that work without even using the IME is ridiculously small.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:06 pm

TkSilver wrote:
kaikun97 wrote: Doesn't Sixaxis IME bridge that gap though?
The sixaxis IME... (assuming your phone is rooted because it requires root) does not work on every device. That is why the sixaxis compatibility checker exists. The checker is tomsee if the IME would even help since the number of devices that work without even using the IME is ridiculously small.
If some android devices detect it without Sixaxis doesnt that mean the DS4 Controller is a standard Bluetooth HID device? If so why does it matter what the device is? Most bluetooth chipsets should connect fine to a HID device.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:48 pm

I have wondered that exact same thing and if I had to make a guess.

The devices that just work have the right bluetooth profile preinstalled and the right kind of bluetooth chipset.
The devices that need the IME have a compatible bluetooth set but are missing something in their drivers that allows it to work.
But if I am honest I have no clue why it works like this... only that it does.

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:26 pm

I believe starting from lollipop dc4 is natively supported by the OS, if this so DraStic should also support it without any issues as it goes like a standard HID. Going to test it with few devices

zezprah

Post by zezprah » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:55 am

Late ass reply but yes, it has Dual Shock 4 support (in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread).

Here's all you need to do:

1. Download the "Bluetooth Auto Connect" app off the Play Store.

2. Pair your DS4 with your phone like your normally would (turn on bluetooth on your phone and hold the PS button + options button on the DS4 til the light bar starts blinking).

3. Once it's paired, you'll want to open up the Bluetooth Auto Connect app. Then, go to the Advanced Options page (it's under the "Advanced" heading) then click "Connect Now". The reason this step is required is because the DS4 will start getting ridiculous lag after a bit. But once you hit that Connect Now button, it'll work flawlessly.

After you've taken those 3 steps, you're good to go. Just go to the external controller settings in DraStic and map your controls. Technology is fricking amazing, ain't it?!

As for your other question, so far I've only been able to map the PRESSING of the touch pad rather than the touch motions. But that's the same with almost every other emulator I've used (PPSSPP, epsxe, etc.).