MOGA Pocket Problem

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
zxcvbad
MOGA Pocket Problem

Post by zxcvbad » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi, I have 1st gen Moga Pocket, it used to work but I haven't used it for at least 6 months. Now I found that it doesn't work any longer. I can see gamepad is connecting to Pivot app and it works within the app but DraStic can't see it nor I can't map keys in external controller settings (as I remember it used to map them automatically before). I'm using DraStick beta and 5.0.2 on Xperia Z. Haven't tested other devices.

Lordus

Re: MOGA Pocket Problem

Post by Lordus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:38 pm

There were some changes for Lollipop (before MOGA would just crash there), but it seems to work on my Lollipop devices with the MOGA Pro. At least in-game, menu navigation seems broken.
Do you see the MOGA mapping info at the bottom of the external controller menu?

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Moga have fixed their app to work on lollipop not so long ago, and nope can't see anything mentioning Moga in the external controller menu, mapping doesn't work

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Well it's possible that their fix doesn't work together with the workaround that's implemented, so I'll take a look at that.
Mapping for MOGA isn't supported, though, you only get a default mapping. That only applies to mode A, of course, if you use mode B, you should still be able to use it like a standard controller and map the buttons (if the MOGA pocket supports modes A and B).

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:04 pm

If you can take a look it would be great. Moga Pocket doesn't have B mode though.

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:37 am

To add some info, I checked some more games and it seems none of them works, even though they officially supported and displayed in the Pivot app. According to Pivot play store reviews people are having the same issues

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 am

The pivot app might have been updated, but the current MOGA Android SDK still hasn't been updated since 2013, and the workaround for Lollipop is necessary - otherwise the app would just crash if you have a MOGA connected.

Destany89

Post by Destany89 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:49 am

I'm having the same problem. Moga works with my other emulators but stopped working with drastic when I started playing on it again. It shows it in external controller but doesn't work in game. When choosing button mapping it registers first button and no more after that. But my Bluetooth keyboard will work with drastic. But in don't want to use the keyboard Lol I have moga pocket as well.