DraStic Store?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
acid
Re: DraStic Store?

Post by acid » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:53 am

ericbazinga wrote:
acid wrote:http://gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_DS_hom ... plications

That looks organized and easy. Just sayin'.
Thanks, but homebrew DS GAMES was the focus.
So?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:40 am

acid wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
acid wrote:http://gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_DS_hom ... plications

That looks organized and easy. Just sayin'.
Thanks, but homebrew DS GAMES was the focus.
So?
Not much NDS homebrew such as Moonshell or DSOrganise or Bunjallo Web Browser or DSLinux really need to run on Drastic DS as Android can do that and Homebrew games like DSCraft, VGM DS etc would be better but I would say include homebrew applications too just to build up a big database. The app/store would include screenshots and a rating system anyway. As I've said constantly it can be a pain to unzip homebrew or use a web browser so an app or store automating it becomes easier although I suppose acid3 is going to find some way to disapprove of it anyway. I may as well make an app for it and release it

acid

Post by acid » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:40 am

Kaikun I just don't see the point of a ds homebrew store when you'd basically have to run it on an emulator and a lot of it is probably already on Android anyway. That said, if this is something you want to put effort into, you don't really need anyone's approval. I think my posts are coming off as overly negative and the truth is, I just don't really care either way, so I'm going to refrain from posting in this thread any further.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:52 am

kaikun97 wrote:Not much NDS homebrew such as Moonshell or DSOrganise or Bunjallo Web Browser or DSLinux really need to run on Drastic DS as Android can do that and Homebrew games like DSCraft, VGM DS etc would be better but I would say include homebrew applications too just to build up a big database.
Exactly. Really, all I saw on that list was mp3 players, web browsers, and 'Chuck Norris Facts DS'. Actual homebrew GAMES are the focus, but we should include all those games just for the sake of a large database.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:44 am

If we're going to integrate the "DraStic Store" into DraStic itself, we'll need permission from Exophase and Lordus.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna go ahead and start building up the database, starting with Homebrew. acid's URL will come in handy for this. Anyone's welcome to help me.

Themes (formerly Skins) is easy to build a database for, as I've downloaded all four skins users made for the app. We need to make WAY more Themes before we can really offer them. (I'm thinking about making some of my own too...)

Shaders I'm gonna let someone ELSE figure out, because I know nothing about them.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Are we still doing this project?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:15 am

ericbazinga wrote:Are we still doing this project?
When I get round to doing it :P

WadeMan

Post by WadeMan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:05 am

I was under the impression that drastic didn't support the dldi library. Not sure where I read that...

Either way, playing homebrew games would be cool. Also, it would give people without DS roms a reason the use drastic.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:43 am

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Are we still doing this project?
When I get round to doing it :P
Well let me know when you start working on it, and i'll help.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and build the homebrew database for this project, mostly because I don't really have anything to do right now, but also so won't have to do it later when Kaikun97 gets round to doing it. I found a list of homebrew GAMES on the same site that acid found the list of applications. Here it is: http://gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_DS_homebrew_games
There have been lots more skins made for DraStic (including the Minecraft one I made :) ), and I downloaded them all already, so we don't really have to build a database for it (cause technically I already did).
There's an entire thread on this forum dedicated to shaders, so making a database with those will be easy. I'll go ahead and do that too.
Another idea for the Store is an area where users can upload savestates (separated by game) for other users to download and use.