DraStic Store?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
DraStic Store?

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:00 am

I was thinking about different possible features (no 'please add multiplayer/wifi' posts please), and one that really stuck with me was the idea of a store of sorts, where you could download gamepad skins, public-domain games, and shaders, among other things. (I thought a nice touch would be to also use the DSI Shop's background music :P )
Perhaps?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Re: DraStic Store?

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 am

ericbazinga wrote:I was thinking about different possible features (no 'please add multiplayer/wifi' posts please), and one that really stuck with me was the idea of a store of sorts, where you could download gamepad skins, public-domain games, and shaders, among other things. (I thought a nice touch would be to also use the DSI Shop's background music :P )
Perhaps?
Homebrew store (free of course) inside the app would be nice. Makes it easier rather than having to browse Non-mobile friendly homebrew sites and forums like Filetrip. Maybe some of us here could helo build up the homebrew database, I have a server all the files could be put on. If the devs dont want to add it, I could try and make an app to do it (maybe ill ask xperia64)

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:20 am

That would be a 'swell idea, for as long as they don't degenerate into the usual IAP business model, that is. :P

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:21 am

huckleberrypie wrote:That would be a 'swell idea, for as long as they don't degenerate into the usual IAP business model, that is. :P
Well All known NDS homebrew is free and released as Public domain so they cannot charge for that

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:54 am

kaikun97 wrote:Well All known NDS homebrew is free and released as Public domain so they cannot charge for that
Yeah everything in the store would have to be free of charge, as we wouldn't have made most of it.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:17 pm

kaikun97 wrote:Maybe some of us here could helo build up the homebrew database, I have a server all the files could be put on. If the devs dont want to add it, I could try and make an app to do it (maybe ill ask xperia64)
Great, we'll need that server. I can help with building up the database, but we should see if Exophase and Lordus are okay with the store.

acid

Post by acid » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Lolz. Why would we need a ds home brew store on Android.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:57 pm

acid wrote:Lolz. Why would we need a ds home brew store on Android.
Its hard to find a consistent or mobile friendly source of ds homebrew and DL-ing and unzipling it can be a pain. If we have a store its easily accesible and automates the process. If Lordus disapproves then Maybe Ill make an app for it

acid

Post by acid » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:03 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Its hard to find a consistent or mobile friendly source of ds homebrew and DL-ing and unzipling it can be a pain. If we have a store its easily accesible and automates the process. If Lordus disapproves then Maybe Ill make an app for it
Yea but is there something only available on ds and not on Android that is worth the trouble?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 pm

acid wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:
Yea but is there something only available on ds and not on Android that is worth the trouble?
for starters is pretty cumbersome to dowmload homebrew from sites such as filetrip.net due to the ad filled download sections which force "downloaders" on you and shuffling through homebrew and nds scene forums is a chore too. I dont see the reason to critisize the idea and I think it would be nice to be able to readily download homebrew for drastic and makes things so much easier without even having to leave the app and touch a browser. And some DS homebrew like DSOrganise had such a homebrew repo/store and was nice and easy. Oh and such apps exist for roms on android such as ROM buddy which downloads games roms in app