Are auto updates possible?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
fox_whisper85
Are auto updates possible?

Post by fox_whisper85 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 pm

And if not, how would I go about updating it so that I am? I looked on the bottom of my screen and saw that it said something like 2.1.2a or something like that. I get the impression that I'm not on the latest version, what would be the easiest way to update? Would I need to connect to WiFi and let it update automatically, or would I need to go to the Google Play Store? I know, not the best question and I apologize for sounding like a noob, I just want to make sure I update it right :mrgreen: Other than the Play Store, I can't think of another way to get the most updated version, unless there's another one coming out soon...? :D

And don't worry, I got this from the Store itself, so it is in fact, legit, I just don't know why connecting to WiFi didn't prompt me for an emulator update mostly. If this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

Exophase

Re: Are auto updates possible?

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:47 pm

It automatically updates unless you turned off Google Play updates. Of course you need to be connected to the internet for this to happen.

fox_whisper85

Post by fox_whisper85 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Exophase wrote:It automatically updates unless you turned off Google Play updates. Of course you need to be connected to the internet for this to happen.
That's...really weird, I don't know why I'm still on 2.1.2a, (as it says on the bottom-right corner of the emulator UI). I did turn WiFi earlier, like, about an hour ago, but...I don't know why it didn't update automatically, and I don't recall turning off Google Play updates. I'm SOL aren't I, as in, no hopes of ever being able to update this? Damn. :(

Edit: Yup, auto-updates in the Play Store are on, and yet....DraStic ain't updating when I'm on the network. Yup, I'm screwed, I think. And it says DraStic is on 2.2.1.2a, not sure what the latest is.
Edit 2: Sorry about that, I just went to the store and manually updated it, sorry about that. Didn't mean to waste your guys' time. Ugh.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Sometimes it can take a while for google play services which handle quite a few things not just the store to check for updates. You can always update manually too by going to the play store page and clicking the update button while connected to wifi.

If you still have issues even doing the manual update then either you need to contact google as there is an issue with your account.

2. You are logged in to a different google account then the one you used to purchase drastic and therefore you are not shown as owning the software. Simply log in to the correct account.

3. You bought the game from some where other then the play store and have an non official(ie illegal pirated) if you paid money for it then they ripped you off and please report them to your local law enforcement for fraud, theft, and any other crime deemed fit. Drastic is only sold on the play store and no where else. (It is free on the pandora but that is a different os and device all together)

fox_whisper85

Post by fox_whisper85 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:02 pm

TkSilver wrote:Sometimes it can take a while for google play services which handle quite a few things not just the store to check for updates. You can always update manually too by going to the play store page and clicking the update button while connected to wifi.

If you still have issues even doing the manual update then either you need to contact google as there is an issue with your account.

2. You are logged in to a different google account then the one you used to purchase drastic and therefore you are not shown as owning the software. Simply log in to the correct account.

3. You bought the game from some where other then the play store and have an non official(ie illegal pirated) if you paid money for it then they ripped you off and please report them to your local law enforcement for fraud, theft, and any other crime deemed fit. Drastic is only sold on the play store and no where else. (It is free on the pandora but that is a different os and device all together)
I'm always logged into one Google account on both my PC and Nexus 7, so I had to update it from the Play Store, which is no biggie. I don't know why it didn't auto-download but it's fine, I thought there was something wrong on my end, nope, just PEBKAC. Sorry about that.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 pm

I have auto update turned off on my devices, I kinda believe in the idea if it is not broke don't fix it. so unless there is a new feature, or fix to a bug I am having I tend not to update. I have been burnt before buy updates that cause far more harm then it fixed.
Drastic is one of the few that I do update each time it comes out but that is due to having faith in the fact that exo beta tests each update plus he adds too many nice features to not.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:18 pm

TkSilver wrote:I have auto update turned off on my devices, I kinda believe in the idea if it is not broke don't fix it. so unless there is a new feature, or fix to a bug I am having I tend not to update. I have been burnt before buy updates that cause far more harm then it fixed.
Drastic is one of the few that I do update each time it comes out but that is due to having faith in the fact that exo beta tests each update plus he adds too many nice features to not.
Well we try to beta test for quite a while, of course the issue there is that it's hard to get a huge amount of people using the beta versions >_> So inevitably we end up having to release a few regression updates after the release, but we try to get these out as far as we can.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:11 am

Exophase wrote: Well we try to beta test for quite a while, of course the issue there is that it's hard to get a huge amount of people using the beta versions >_> So inevitably we end up having to release a few regression updates after the release, but we try to get these out as far as we can.
I have been wondering for a while can you have both drastic and the beta installed on the same device?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:20 am

TkSilver wrote:I have been wondering for a while can you have both drastic and the beta installed on the same device?
AFAIK no. But you can revert back to the official version.

fox_whisper85

Post by fox_whisper85 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:39 am

Gaah, sorry for creating confusion, I really should learn how these things work, I'm still relatively new to Android as this is my first real gaming tablet (and a good one at that), so once again, I apologize for being a noob and I apologize for making this trivial thread. Maybe I could have asked in a more efficacious way...? :mrgreen: Are there change logs anywhere to see what's been changed in the most recent build?
Exophase wrote:
TkSilver wrote:I have auto update turned off on my devices, I kinda believe in the idea if it is not broke don't fix it. so unless there is a new feature, or fix to a bug I am having I tend not to update. I have been burnt before buy updates that cause far more harm then it fixed.
Well we try to beta test for quite a while, of course the issue there is that it's hard to get a huge amount of people using the beta versions >_> So inevitably we end up having to release a few regression updates after the release, but we try to get these out as far as we can.

Cripes, didn't know it was like that...you guys just need some more beta testers...? What can I do to help?