Google Play reviews for the demo version

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
BACONATOR
Google Play reviews for the demo version

Post by BACONATOR » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:49 am

I was recently looking at the review for the demo version of drastic on the play store and found myself literally astounded by the stupidity of some of the people on there. Does this piss anyone else off and is there something we can do about it? How much effort does it really take to read and find out that gameplay is limited to 30 min because it is a demo?

huckleberrypie

Re: Google Play reviews for the demo version

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Some of them are begging Exo to take the 30-minute limit off the demo, among other things. And you know how cringeworthy that is especially with Pokemon kids.

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm

If they're not willing or able to pay 6$ for the full version and would rather beg for an unlimited free version, it's probably because they don't understand that programming an emulator actually takes effort, and they weren't able to convince their parents to use their credit card. Honestly, looking at how young kids are nowadays that have phones, it just seems so stupid to me. All the 1 star reviews are likely just from uneducated kids, and it's probably best to just ignore them :P

zelda's ocarina

Post by zelda's ocarina » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:12 am

Sean wrote:If they're not willing or able to pay 6$ for the full version and would rather beg for an unlimited free version, it's probably because they don't understand that programming an emulator actually takes effort, and they weren't able to convince their parents to use their credit card. Honestly, looking at how young kids are nowadays that have phones, it just seems so stupid to me. All the 1 star reviews are likely just from uneducated kids, and it's probably best to just ignore them :P
Henrik Rydgård, developer of the ever popular ppsspp app, released a FREE version of his maginificent creation and a paid version of it. Both of which are fully functional without time restrictions. And the only up the paid has over the free version, is that it has more setting options to select from to enhance gameplay.

Exo- something, whatever he's called, should learn from him. My suggestion is to release a fully working free version, without said version having the option to create save states and cheat codes. That way, other people will still go and pay for the paid version.

Besides, doesn't Google pay you themselves, if your product had reached a certain number of downloads? In a financial stand point, it's best if they do so.