Higher resolution rendering

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
Re: Higher resolution rendering

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Lordus wrote:If you re-install, you should only have to set all the options again, the save data and custom layouts are not affected.
If you want to be 100% extra sure, you can make a backup of the 'savestates' and 'backup' folders found in the 'DraStic' folder on your internal memory.
Reinstalled DraStic. Nothing changed, i didnt get the beta. I basically ended up deleting and reinstalling the current official version.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Is it still 2.3.0.2a? The beta is 2.3.0.3a.
If you go here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.dsemu.drastic, does it say that you are already a tester?

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Lordus wrote:Is it still 2.3.0.2a? The beta is 2.3.0.3a.
If you go here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.dsemu.drastic, does it say that you are already a tester?
Apparently i was not a tester. Go figure :lol:

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:57 am

Downloaded DraStic beta. Haven't encountered any bugs so far (I did encounter ONE issue, but that turned out to be something I had screwed up.) Hi-res looks AMAZING, games look better in DraStic than on my actual DS! (I do have ONE issue with hi-res, though. The feature makes most textures look better, but it makes other graphics worse by comparison :lol: )
Anyway AWESOME JOB Exophase and Lordus! Keep up the good work!

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Agree hi- res looks indeed fantastic and what is most important there's no noticeable impact on the performance. Congratulations Exophase and Lordus with an amazing achievement here. Actually all looks so bright I've started to think if 3x is possible on '15 hi-end SoC's :P ?

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Wow the difference in the image was huge in pokemon diamond with build 69 too bad my 512 ram 1.2 ghz poor lg almost got fried xD
Nah kidding the fps dropped decently but game now looks like its played on real ds or better. and with filters even better image!
Cant wait this to get in a stable release ty devs i may now buy a new phone finally i think ill get a s6 to experience the true power of android my phone was bought last year and ran almost everything i tried but slowly kitkat is getting in 2.3.7s position when android 4 came, some apps require 5.0+ and big games need 1GB+RAM...
Btw does s6 run ppsspp games full speed?
Or Drastic with hd 3d full speed?
The phone got like 1 time better specs than mine lol so i expect it to run emus fast if my slowbro of a phone can achieve 80-100% with most emus

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:34 am

Some screens
Attachments
scale.png
Scale filter with HD
scale.png (137.36KiB)Viewed 11394 times
linear hd.png
Linear filter with HD
linear hd.png (141.97KiB)Viewed 11394 times
linear.png
Linear without HD
linear.png (140.58KiB)Viewed 11394 times

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:40 am

Used very low sound latency
69 build
512 mb ram 1.2ghz dual cpu
Hq with hd looked best imo my eyes fell in love with it :D
Fps very low with no frameskip as you can see i get 50% and with some frameskip values game can almost be played like in full speed but hurts my brain just by looking at it never was a fan of frameskip :D
9 frameskip was the most playable with a little lag so i guess high end devices wont have a problem...
Attachments
hq 9.png
HQ Filter and HD with 9 frameskip
hq 9.png (133.17KiB)Viewed 11393 times
hq.png
HQ Filter with HD
hq.png (141.16KiB)Viewed 11393 times

acid

Post by acid » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:06 am

Dragon Quest IX looks absolutely stunning with the higher resolution. With some kind of texture filtering it could pass for a 3DS game. Runs smooth as butter on my Xiaomi MI3 too.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:43 am

Congrats Exophase! DraStic's hi-res mode was mentioned in an article on Kotaku (by mentioned i mean the WHOLE THING was about DraStic)!!!
Here's the article: http://kotaku.com/what-nintendo-ds-game ... 1701086917
Again congratulations Exophase! Your hard work has paid off big time!