Higher resolution rendering

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Android Fan
Re: Higher resolution rendering

Post by Android Fan » Fri May 01, 2015 10:57 am

Hmm is it me or pokemon games feel like they run on a real ds now with the hd option on i cant explain it well without the hd option the graphics didnt felt right when i moved it was like the 3d overworld was glitching now its not... could frameskip being on cause this?

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri May 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Android Fan wrote:Hmm is it me or pokemon games feel like they run on a real ds now with the hd option on i cant explain it well without the hd option the graphics didnt felt right when i moved it was like the 3d overworld was glitching now its not... could frameskip being on cause this?
Running at standard resolution should look the same way it would on a real DS, aside from accuracy problems such as edge marking not being perfect or minor graphical errors. At increased resolution 3D objects will generally look better than on a real DS.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Sat May 02, 2015 10:03 am

Sean wrote:
Android Fan wrote:Hmm is it me or pokemon games feel like they run on a real ds now with the hd option on i cant explain it well without the hd option the graphics didnt felt right when i moved it was like the 3d overworld was glitching now its not... could frameskip being on cause this?
Running at standard resolution should look the same way it would on a real DS, aside from accuracy problems such as edge marking not being perfect or minor graphical errors. At increased resolution 3D objects will generally look better than on a real DS.
what does edge marking do exactly? :(

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:05 am

Android Fan wrote:
Sean wrote:
what does edge marking do exactly? :(
On some games, 3D graphics have a thin outline around them. Enabling edge marking will show this.

WaffelBlock

Post by WaffelBlock » Sun May 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Next Update Please Wifi :)) !

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 03, 2015 2:30 pm

WaffelBlock wrote:Next Update Please Wifi :)) !
Emulating DS Wifi is so hard to do that-
1) Nobody has ever done it
2) If Exophase/Lordus DID put it in the next update, then there pretty much wouldn't be any more updates ever due to it taking so long to figure out how to get wifi to work.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun May 03, 2015 3:00 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
2) If Exophase/Lordus DID put it in the next update, then there pretty much wouldn't be any more updates ever due to it taking so long to figure out how to get wifi to work.
Actually, that's not true. There was a version of DeSmuME that supported WiFi, but now that Nintendo took down the servers for the DS and Wii, I'm not sure how useful it is anymore. I know there's a project to bring WiFi back using an alternate server, however I haven't tested to confirm if it works with DeSmuME or not.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Sean wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
Actually, that's not true. There was a version of DeSmuME that supported WiFi, but now that Nintendo took down the servers for the DS and Wii, I'm not sure how useful it is anymore. I know there's a project to bring WiFi back using an alternate server, however I haven't tested to confirm if it works with DeSmuME or not.
It would be more useful to add local wireless rather than wifi.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Actually, I agree. In fact, the phones/tablets (running DraStic) could communicate with each other using bluetooth or wifi.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun May 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Really derailing this thread :P

I've said it in other places, but a phone's bluetooth or wifi communication with another phone, even one in a very close vicinity, is not nearly as low latency as DS's local wireless communication. There's a good chance that this sort of thing would only work by emulating two DSes on both devices and synchronizing button presses.