Higher resolution rendering

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Lordus
Re: Higher resolution rendering

Post by Lordus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 pm

ericbazinga wrote:I'd get the beta, but I prefer to stay away from glitches and bugs. It sounds like the hi-res mode works perfectly, when do you think it will come out in an official update?
Well, the more people stay away from it, the harder it is for us to find and fix those glitches and bugs, and the more likely for them to make it into the release ;)
You can also get out of the beta again anytime you want and go back to the release version.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Lordus wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:I'd get the beta, but I prefer to stay away from glitches and bugs. It sounds like the hi-res mode works perfectly, when do you think it will come out in an official update?
Well, the more people stay away from it, the harder it is for us to find and fix those glitches and bugs, and the more likely for them to make it into the release ;)
You can also get out of the beta again anytime you want and go back to the release version.
sign me up then i guess :D
How do you do that?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:39 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Lordus wrote:
sign me up then i guess :D
How do you do that?
Found post on betas, i was hoping i wouldnt have to make another account, i already have enough as it is. :?
Im good for now, im ending up playing more minecraft then drastic anyway

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:51 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Found post on betas, i was hoping i wouldnt have to make another account, i already have enough as it is. :?
Why would you have to make another account? The only account you need is a Google account, which you definitely have if you have DraStic, because you need to sign in to use the Google Play Store.

acid

Post by acid » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Yeah you only need to sign up for the beta with the google account you used to buy drastic. Then the beta version updates will become available on the play store instead of the stable version.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Sean wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Found post on betas, i was hoping i wouldnt have to make another account, i already have enough as it is. :?
Why would you have to make another account? The only account you need is a Google account, which you definitely have if you have DraStic, because you need to sign in to use the Google Play Store.
Oh sorry got confused. Will definitely sign up for beta.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Sean wrote:
Oh sorry got confused. Will definitely sign up for beta.
Signed up for beta, but update button for DraStic didn't show up. What now?

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:47 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Signed up for beta, but update button for DraStic didn't show up. What now?
Re-install the app from Google Play.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Lordus wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Signed up for beta, but update button for DraStic didn't show up. What now?
Re-install the app from Google Play.
But I have important game data!

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:58 pm

If you re-install, you should only have to set all the options again, the save data and custom layouts are not affected.
If you want to be 100% extra sure, you can make a backup of the 'savestates' and 'backup' folders found in the 'DraStic' folder on your internal memory.