Games wont work! Help please im begging you!

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Egoin
Games wont work! Help please im begging you!

Post by Egoin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:21 am

Somthing is wrong with my drastic playing pokemon soul silver and spider man dimension(forgot the name) and they work ok then i downloaded Call of duty black ops it says invalid rom then i install mario games(mario kart ds, super mario 64 and new super mario bros. ) they worked 3-5 times and wont work again and legend of zelda phantom hourglass wont work too and metroid prime hunters wont too some i can play a couple of times then i cant play it they just go back to the main menu and ive noticed the other games were 7z and others are zip and the one that is working is the zip file! Please help fix this i cant really buy the game because of this on the demo. Wish this could get fixed! (sorry its a bit long)

TkSilver

Re: Games wont work! Help please im begging you!

Post by TkSilver » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 am

Egoin wrote:Somthing is wrong with my drastic playing pokemon soul silver and spider man dimension(forgot the name) and they work ok then i downloaded Call of duty black ops it says invalid rom then i install mario games(mario kart ds, super mario 64 and new super mario bros. ) they worked 3-5 times and wont work again and legend of zelda phantom hourglass wont work too and metroid prime hunters wont too some i can play a couple of times then i cant play it they just go back to the main menu and ive noticed the other games were 7z and others are zip and the one that is working is the zip file! Please help fix this i cant really buy the game because of this on the demo. Wish this could get fixed! (sorry its a bit long)

1. Downloaded rom- could be a bad rip or maybe a someone didn't upload it correctly. The best fix is to dump your own NDS cart. Failing that find a different download.

2. The 3-5 times may be an implemented feature of the demo version of drastic. Would need exophase or Lordis to coment on that one to be honest.

3. Unless you are really really hurting for hard drive space on your phone/tablet it is a good idea to unzip/7zip/rar/.... your roms or don't zip your roms you legally obtain from your own NDS carts in the first place.

4. While your post is longer then some if you want any more detailed help then what I have given you please include your device (phone/tablet), your cpu (there are some wonderful apps like cpu-z that will tell you which one you have), if the crash happens in a specefic spot a savestate at or right before that spot is also helpful. List of settings couldn't hurt either.

Hope some or all of this simple advice is helpful to you and or others

ericbazinga

Re: Games wont work! Help please im begging you!

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:19 am

You might want to check the file type. You want the bare .nds file, and a .zip file is the easiest to get the game out of- just open the folder and rip the game out. But other file types are real buggers. For example, 7-zip files are very common, and very hard to get the game out. RAR files are even tougher, and both require the 7-zip file manager to get the game out (and it takes FOREVER). I have found a loophole- the B1 Archiver (http://online.b1.org/online), which runs entirely in-browser and gets the game out.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.