Gengar,Pokemon Diamond

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
beansta
Re: Gengar,Pokemon Diamond

Post by beansta » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:26 am

As far as im aware (could be weong) u can only.move gen 3 pokemon onto diamond, pearl and platinum via the Pal Park feature.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Tan KC

Post by Tan KC » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am

beansta wrote:As far as im aware (could be weong) u can only.move gen 3 pokemon onto diamond, pearl and platinum via the Pal Park feature.
But i have also tried with Pokemon Platinum, but there was no migrate option.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 am

Tan KC wrote:How do you do it? Because even though I have placed Pokémon Emerald.gba as well as Pokémon Emerald.sav into the slot2 directory, when I started Pokémon HeartGold, I could not find the migrate option? Can anyone teach me how to do it, as I am unsure of how to use it. Thanks.
You have to name them <DS rom name>.gba and <DS rom name>.sav, or slot2_gamepak.gba and slot2_gamepak.sav.

Tan KC

Post by Tan KC » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:28 am

Lordus wrote:
Tan KC wrote:How do you do it? Because even though I have placed Pokémon Emerald.gba as well as Pokémon Emerald.sav into the slot2 directory, when I started Pokémon HeartGold, I could not find the migrate option? Can anyone teach me how to do it, as I am unsure of how to use it. Thanks.
You have to name them <DS rom name>.gba and <DS rom name>.sav, or slot2_gamepak.gba and slot2_gamepak.sav.
I have tried, but to no avail.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:58 am

What are you naming the files exactly?

Tan KC

Post by Tan KC » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

I named them as Pokemon Platinum.nds and Pokemon Platinum.sav

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:14 am

Tan KC wrote:I named them as Pokemon Platinum.nds and Pokemon Platinum.sav
It's supposed to be Pokemon Platinum.gba.

Tan KC

Post by Tan KC » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:25 am

I did put Pokemon Platinum.gba and Pokemon Platinum.sav, but still there's no migrate option.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:17 pm

A couple things (I haven't played the games so many someone else can help if any of this is wrong)

1) Are you sure that the GBA and DS games are the same region?
2) Did you do all the unlocks in the games? National Dex and Pal Park? http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/925602-pokem ... ate-button

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:34 am

Exophase wrote:Upgrading my answer to "yes." It's implemented and for the most part tested, just needs a bit more testing before making it into the next beta. It'll probably be released tomorrow.

Right now it works by putting files named <rom name>.gba and <rom name>.sav in the slot2 directory. Or if those aren't found it'll load slot2_gamepak.gba + slot2_gamepak.sav if they're there. The .sav files are optional. It supports reading and writing SRAM and Flash saves. EEPROM saves aren't supported because DS lacks the capability to access it (so games wouldn't use it anyway)

It turns out the Nintendo logo is actually in the header of DS ROMs, I totally forgot about this.. so it doesn't even need to be copied from the GBA ROM.
I was actually asking about firmware boot option xD

Nice to see the slot fully working the next version of drastic just keeps getting better and better
Now is testing the only thing remaining or you plan on adding anything else