Gengar,Pokemon Diamond

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Android Fan
Re: Gengar,Pokemon Diamond

Post by Android Fan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Exophase wrote:
Android Fan wrote:But cant we users dump our own bios 9 file to use it if we want to use the gba slot?
Or cant this emu use custom bios files at this moment
Would be a good moment to implement custom firmware and add a boot from ds menu like a real ds for eye candy xD
You can use a Nintendo BIOS, there are directions on how to do it in the FAQ. The first release actually required it, but that resulted in like a billion refund requests per day so I had to scramble to write a custom replacement BIOS.

I don't think it'll be necessary for GBA slot afterall.

You can use a DS firmware as well, but you can't boot from it because the encryption/decryption hardware isn't emulated.
Will it be emulated?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:31 pm

Android Fan wrote:Will it be emulated?
Maybe.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Exophase wrote:
Android Fan wrote:Will it be emulated?
Maybe.
Nice reply its better than never lmao

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:07 am

Upgrading my answer to "yes." It's implemented and for the most part tested, just needs a bit more testing before making it into the next beta. It'll probably be released tomorrow.

Right now it works by putting files named <rom name>.gba and <rom name>.sav in the slot2 directory. Or if those aren't found it'll load slot2_gamepak.gba + slot2_gamepak.sav if they're there. The .sav files are optional. It supports reading and writing SRAM and Flash saves. EEPROM saves aren't supported because DS lacks the capability to access it (so games wouldn't use it anyway)

It turns out the Nintendo logo is actually in the header of DS ROMs, I totally forgot about this.. so it doesn't even need to be copied from the GBA ROM.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Exophase wrote: Right now it works by putting files named <rom name>.gba and <rom name>.sav in the slot2 directory. Or if those aren't found it'll load slot2_gamepak.gba + slot2_gamepak.sav if they're there. The .sav files are optional. It supports reading and writing SRAM and Flash saves. EEPROM saves aren't supported because DS lacks the capability to access it (so games wouldn't use it anyway)
I just uploaded a new beta including this feature (build 63), so if anyone could test it with Pokemon games, that'd be nice.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Works fine with WarioWare Touched+WarioWare Twisted :P

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:50 pm

xperia64 wrote:Works fine with WarioWare Touched+WarioWare Twisted :P
Yeah, that was the only game I tested it with. It's an easy case though, since it doesn't involve save data.

All my other tests were with a backup manager homebrew.

Hope all the Pokemon games get tested though, because it could work with every game but Pokemon and be worse than not having the feature at all.

Hawntah

Post by Hawntah » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:16 am

Tested Pokemon Platinum with Pokemon Emerald inserted. Encountered wild Pineco in Eterna Forest. Successfully migrated 6 Pokemon from Emerald. Everything seems to be working perfectly.

Can also confirm Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow + Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow works. The Rare Ring appears in your inventory at the start of the game as it should.

beansta

Post by beansta » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:33 am

I was just wondering how to enable the feature, good thing i came on here and had a look around :p
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Tan KC

Post by Tan KC » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:44 am

How do you do it? Because even though I have placed Pokémon Emerald.gba as well as Pokémon Emerald.sav into the slot2 directory, when I started Pokémon HeartGold, I could not find the migrate option? Can anyone teach me how to do it, as I am unsure of how to use it. Thanks.